Re: my game keeps crashing (mac)

by crinrict

Original Post

my game keeps crashing (mac)

★★★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? I can't get to main menu without it crashing first
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats and Dogs, Get to Work, City Living, Get Famous, Outdoor Retreat, the selvadorian one, the holiday pack, and the party stuff pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try to get into my game.
What happens when the bug occurs? It gets almost to the main menu, then immediately crashes.
What do you expect to see? The plumbob swirl, then the home screen on my desktop.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Whenever I attempt to open the sims, it gets to the title page but quits before I get to the homepage. I've deleted all my custom content.

Message 1 of 5 (387 Views)

Hero
@CatCute11 Moved your post to the Mac forum

Could you post your MacOS and specs.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 5 (341 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Not sure what that means, as I'm pretty useless when it comes to tech. I use a MacBook air, and it's pretty old. I've had the sims 4 for a few years, and this is the first time I've had problems with it. I deleted all my custom content, if that helps.

Thank you for your help.

Message 3 of 5 (329 Views)

@CatCute11 

Please can you provide more information about your Mac. Instructions on how to do so and what to provide here - http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting/m-p/4612...

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 4 of 5 (315 Views)

★★ Novice

My game is doing the same thing.  I have a Macbook Pro runninng Mojave.  2.8 GHz i7 w/ 16GB.  I get to the screen where I select my household and then it crashes.  No error report pop-up.

Message 5 of 5 (294 Views)