mods

by glenda4520

Original Post

Re: mods

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

https://imgur.com/EscacU6 sorry when i tried the pic it said unsupported extension type but the pic is there @CMeki

Message 21 of 39 (487 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
No none of my mods are working and it started after I got new cc. @CMeki
Message 22 of 39 (476 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Okay, have you tried removing the cc you got last and running the game without that?
Also, to make sure, do your old saves work like they usually do? Can you load them in game? And are they in the same The Sims 4 - folder as the mods (but in Saves instead of Mods)

Message 23 of 39 (471 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@CMeki I have no saves because I don't like playing sims without cc and yes but it never worked.

Message 24 of 39 (466 Views)

Champion (Retired)

The reason I ask is because sometimes the game confuses cloud services like iCloud or OneDrive as you documents-folder, and creates a new EA-folder there. And then the mods don't show up in game because the game has created a new folder somewhere else, and then not only the mods but also the saves disappear. But you should have at least one save, from before your problem started, can you access that in game or do you need to make a new save?

Message 25 of 39 (461 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@CMeki I don't have any other saves I need to make a new save.

Message 26 of 39 (458 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@PugaRae

1. Double check that both cc and script mods are enabled in game

2. Move away all your Mods (the whole folder) to another directory, like the desktop

3. Restart the game

4. Close it

5. See if the game has created a new Mods folder. If yes, move back ONE cc that is new or updated and you know works well. Start the game and try to find it.

If no, the game uses another directory, try to find that in iCloud or something (now, as I told you before, my Mac-skills show, or the opposite) Wink

Message 27 of 39 (457 Views)

@CMeki wrote:

And inside your The Sims 4 - folder there is a mods folder? Can you post a picture/screenshot of your mods folder? Are ANY of your mods working, and have they never been working or did this start after an update or something?

(she tagged me in the other forum I'm not trying to interfere Bluebellflora, I guess she was just in a hurry) Standard smile

No problem.

@PugaRae

I've locked your other thread as there really is no need to create multiple posts on the same issue. Your issue is posted about in many other threads. We are players helping players so if you don't get a response straight away please have a little patience Standard smile

Now that you have your CMD key properly mapped have you checked your iCloud Drive settings? Because it looks to me like you have it enabled. What is that Ellie Sim folder? Where is it located?

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 28 of 39 (450 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@CMeki When i restarted the game it didnt make a new mods folder.

Message 29 of 39 (449 Views)

Champion (Retired)

If it might be the iCloud thing, check here for instructions:
https://bluebellflora.com/2017/02/06/sims-3-and-sims-4-not-loading-save-games/

Message 30 of 39 (448 Views)