macOS thread - updated to include 10.15 Catalina

by Bluebellflora

Original Post

Re: macOS Mojave - Sims 3 and Sims 4

★★★ Newbie

As @Wlc0349 said... new Mac Os Version (Catalina) doesn't support the app anymore... I used to play in Mojave as well... well... I kinda found a solution (not tested - https://tidbits.com/2019/09/18/moving-to-catalina-keep-your-32-bit-mac-apps-running-with-parallels/ )

Searching for a free one... but I think that's an option.

Message 271 of 279 (4,686 Views)

Re: /Applications/The Sims 4.app/Contents/Data/Client/ClientDeltaBuild4.package

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

The issue that I am having is when I load the game, it changes the resolution of my screen, making it over exaggerated. Then the Sims 4 games is a small screen, yet inaccessible.

This is an example of what it does.

IMG_0301.jpgIMG_03023.jpg.jpg

EDIT- I can play in window mode but when I try to play in full screen that is what happens.

Screen Shot 2019-10-09 at 2.47.21 PM.png

Message 272 of 279 (4,786 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I have the exact same problem. I change the window size and the resolution but it changes back after exiting the game. I’ve disabled “origin in-game” and it does absolutely nothing for this particular issue. I am also experiencing freezing where I have to force quit. I may try uninstalling.

Message 273 of 279 (4,571 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I just wanted to update that I uninstalled everything and then reinstalled (yes, it took a few hours as I have almost every pack) and so far, it’s fixed everything.

I put my saves, cc, mods, whatever back in but used the new folders and it seems to be the only solution (for me). I’ve had no freezes (so far) and no “sims 4 is already playing” message but I do have my “enable origin in-game” off, that may have helped. I do not have the issue I said before about the window being small or resolution changing back either.

So, if anyone is desperate for a fix, I would give it a go. It worked for me, hopefully it works for others.

Message 274 of 279 (4,698 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA app Team

Hi everyone - heads up that I've moved several posts from this thread to this one as we have a list there with the workarounds available for the most common issues with macOS Catalina.

If your game is:
- showing an error message telling you the game is already running
- freezing / hanging / stopping working
- not loading your saved games, library content or custom content

please, check the suggestions available in here.

Let's use this thread for any other issues.

Thanks!
-Mai

Message 275 of 279 (4,378 Views)

Re: New update on mac causing sims have an error

★★★★ Novice
@Bluebellflora How do I do this!!???
Message 276 of 279 (4,338 Views)

★★★ Newbie

The Sims 4 DOES work with Catalina.
I had some issues myself after upgrading, so I contacted support and they sent me this link.

they also told me, that they were aware, that many forums online are spreading the rumour that Sims 4 isn't supported in Catalina. 

anyway...here's the link. I hope you'll find it helpful Standard smile

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/The-Sims-4-Update-on-Supported-Systems/m-p/7677539#M1...

Message 277 of 279 (4,206 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hello! I made the mistake of updating my operating system to macOS Cataline (I have a 2015 Mac Book Pro) and am having problems. I've tried (almost) everything listed in the previous post, but am having similar issues to others including:

• The game is opening in a window instead of fullscreen
  • Related, the game is not saving any of setting preferences
  • I too have lost all of my save files, but I'll live (I don't really need a solution here - just want to be heard that this is also an issue I had)
  • When the game does load up I cannot save my game - I'm getting error code 0
  • Eventually, after trying to save a couple of times, my game crashes and closes itself

The only solution I have not tried is uninstalling and reinstalling the game. I've uninstalled the game and will leave my computer turned off for the night and then reinstall everything in the morning. I have also pulled my Sims 4 folder from my documents folder to my desktop folder so the game will reinstall cleanly.

Like many others, I am tired and frustrated. Hopefully, these issues are fixed soon. I appreciate any other troubleshooting suggestions people have other than waiting for a patch.

(Also would like to add that I do not play with any mods or CC)

Message 278 of 279 (3,970 Views)

@ThomLolle

That link is nothing to do with Catalina, they should have sent you this one - https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/Info-The-Sims-4-macOS-Catalina-Troubleshooting/td-p/8...

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 279 of 279 (3,950 Views)