macOS Big sur

by Idabjorkis

Original Post

Accepted Solution

macOS Big sur

★★★ Newbie

Hello! I bought Sims 3 in a second-hand store but when I put it into my computer ( macOS Big sur) did it not work. I double-clicked at the disc showing up on my screen. But when I tried to click on the installer, did it said that The Sims 3 was not updated for my computer. It also said that I should contact Maxis. So now I'm here. HELP!!!

Message 1 of 2 (255 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: macOS Big sur

@Idabjorkis  The Sims 3 installer that comes on a disc is a 32-bit application, and Big Sur is 64-bit only.  That means there's no way to run the installer in your OS.

Normally, you could register the product key in the disc case within Origin, then download the game from your library.  However, since you bought the game secondhand, the original owner may well have already used the key, in which case there's nothing you can do.  EA doesn't allow keys to be used twice or transferred from one account to another.

If it's any consolation, the Sims 3 base game, one expansion, and one stuff pack are sold as a bundle in Origin for $20 U.S.  You could then download the new 64-bit version, which does run in Big Sur.  This version has its issues, so I don't want to suggest that it will necessarily run perfectly, but it does work reasonably well most of the time.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (232 Views)

All Replies

Re: macOS Big sur

@Idabjorkis  The Sims 3 installer that comes on a disc is a 32-bit application, and Big Sur is 64-bit only.  That means there's no way to run the installer in your OS.

Normally, you could register the product key in the disc case within Origin, then download the game from your library.  However, since you bought the game secondhand, the original owner may well have already used the key, in which case there's nothing you can do.  EA doesn't allow keys to be used twice or transferred from one account to another.

If it's any consolation, the Sims 3 base game, one expansion, and one stuff pack are sold as a bundle in Origin for $20 U.S.  You could then download the new 64-bit version, which does run in Big Sur.  This version has its issues, so I don't want to suggest that it will necessarily run perfectly, but it does work reasonably well most of the time.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (233 Views)