The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 51 of 103 (3,075 Views)

Re: macOS 11.0 Big Sur beta discussion thread

★★★ Novice

I am having issues with an already installed app - sims 4. It keeps buffering whenever I load in. Then it stops responding altogether and I have to force quit the game.

Message 52 of 103 (3,014 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I installed the new sims 4 update for nov. My game was crashing and just closing by itself, so I attempted to redownload origin and now I cannot download origin on mac 11.0.1

Message 53 of 103 (2,998 Views)

Re: problems MacOS Big sur version 11.0.1 unable to install Origin

★★★★★ Newbie

Origin will not download on mac 11.0.1

Message 54 of 103 (2,998 Views)

Re: Mac Beta Big Sur Incompatible with sims 4

★★★★★ Newbie
@chelllygirl omg thank you so much. I have been having this problem for so long now and EA just told me to "wait". now I can finally play the sims again thanks to you.
Message 55 of 103 (2,933 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@chelllygirl Thanks, was be very good. The problem has been solutionated =)
Message 56 of 103 (2,714 Views)

Re: macOS 11 Big Sur and the Sims 4

★★★★★ Novice

posted this separately because i didn't see this thread, but! 

i just updated my mac to the big sur update. before this update, i was using cmd+a/s/d/w to rotate my game. mac defaults to making cmd+w be a close app command, but i had fixed this by going into the system preferences keyboard shortcuts for the TS4 app and making some other command the closing command to free up cmd+w for rotating.

with the new update for mac, this doesn't work anymore, even though my earlier self-made shortcut is still there. in fact, cmd+s/a/d don't work for rotation, either, and i don't know why, because they don't do anything else. if anybody knows how to fix this to ensure cmd+w/a/s/d rotate the camera, i'd really appreciate it!

Message 57 of 103 (2,676 Views)

★★★ Newbie

im stuck with you ;(

Message 58 of 103 (2,447 Views)

★★★ Newbie

You are awesome, I just upgraded to Big Sur and had so many issues, would not load anything past the start screen, I was frustrated, restarted my Mac and also deleted and tried to re-download Origin and it would not work, the link you added worked perfectly! Thanks so much! Standard smile

Message 59 of 103 (2,425 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Having the same problem as you @Nyyerd  Frown it only started this week after Big Sur was fully installed. I tried uninstalling and redownloading Origin, but did not work 

Message 60 of 103 (2,409 Views)