Re: macOS 11 Big Sur and the Sims 4

by ih8sushi

Original Post

★★★ Novice

The same thing is happening to me! I am so confused.

Message 61 of 103 (1,522 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@Bluebellflora My sims family won't go past the load screen once you pick your family then click to begin game. Worked before Mac BigSur and now nadda.
Message 62 of 103 (1,394 Views)

@ih8sushi 

Please can you provide more information about your Mac. Instructions on how to do so and what to provide here - http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting/m-p/4612...

Have you tired a new clean game by moving your Sims 4 folder to the desktop?

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 63 of 103 (1,388 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@Bluebellflora I have a MacBook Pro 15 inch, 3.1 GHz Quad Core Intel Core i7, 16 GB Memory 2133 MHz, Intel HD Graphics 630 1536MN running macOS Big Sur. I don't want to do a fresh reinstall because I've been playing one family for several generations (years worth). I don't want to loose that family. When my original family failed to load after selecting it, I tried starting a new family to see if I could at least get to the loading screen. I managed to create a character, give it a name and such then clicked to the next segment where you pick a neighbourhood but none of the neighbourhoods loaded. All the text around it loaded with exception of all the neighbourhoods. I tried to save but it failed and therefore lost the new character I tried to create.
Message 64 of 103 (1,386 Views)

[ Edited ]

@ih8sushi

Which dedicated GPU does your Mac have and which year is the model?

You won't lose the family because all your data will be in the Sims 4 folder you move. If one of your saves is broken it is the only way to properly test. This explains the troubleshooting method better - https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting...

AHQSigImage.png
Message 65 of 103 (1,384 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@Bluebellflora Okay just finished moving the folder over to the desktop and it still doesn't load past the neighbourhoods. None of them will display other than the text.
Message 66 of 103 (1,379 Views)

@ih8sushi

Ok. Repair the game a couple of times and see if that helps.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 67 of 103 (1,375 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@Bluebellflora unfortunately it still doesn't work. I guess I will just wait for a patch. I'm sure I can't be the only one it's happening to Frown
Message 68 of 103 (1,374 Views)

Re: macOS 11.0 Big Sur beta discussion thread

★ Novice

I have same issue.

Message 69 of 103 (1,323 Views)

Re: Mac Beta Big Sur Incompatible with sims 4

★★★ Novice
@chelllygirl Hey, I have tried downloading many times but when signing in, i reach a screen that says "well that didn't go as planned". I cannot get passed this
Message 70 of 103 (1,305 Views)