Re: Mods Not Loading...

by NaturalSim76

Original Post

macOS 11 Big Sur and the Sims 4

[ Edited ]

Updated - Big Sur is now public release Standard smile

Running the Big Sur beta and have questions or answers? Post them here for fellow beta users.

Whilst Sims 4 and Origin are not supported in beta OSs it's good to get an understanding of how they perform in the run up to public release.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 10 of 103 (27,091 Views)

Mods Not Loading...

★★★ Novice

So.

All was well until yesterday.  Yesterday I downloaded the Beta of macOS Big Sur. I could no longer load saved games. Wasn't too mad about that because I was bored with my last family anyway (though I will of course want my new games to load). But what really made me upset was that my Mods won't load any longer. I even took the folder out, uninstalled then reinstalled the game, then put the folder back in and they still won't load. Well--I take that back. Two out of the hundreds I have in the folder loaded (I can see them on the start screen for the game), and I can't figure out WHY those two. The game itself seems fine with the updated OS; only problem is the Mods. Any thoughts? I've spent hours on the internet searching and everything appears to be where it should be.

User>(me)>Documents>Electronic Arts>The Sims 4>Mods

Message 1 of 103 (27,251 Views)

@NaturalSim76

That was brave! Big Sur won't be supported until it's released.

Have you asked the creator(s) for help?

AHQSigImage.png
Message 2 of 103 (27,242 Views)

★★★ Novice
@Bluebellflora yeah, I usually brave all the Beta things. LOL. There are multiple creators in my Mods folders and some of them are years old--would take me a while to search them all out. I was hoping that someone could just show me where I'd been a noob and done something wrong in placement or something. LOL.
Message 3 of 103 (27,228 Views)

★★★ Novice

Well, for some strange reason, the cc I loaded today works. Weird sauce! 

Message 4 of 103 (27,190 Views)

Mac Beta Big Sur Incompatible with sims 4

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Origin is incompatible with macOS Big Sur Beta. I recently updated my 2017 MacBook Pro to macOS Big Sur (MacOS 11.00 public beta 4). When trying to download origin it was displayed as "running on a system we no longer support", and I was wondering when the software will update to work with this beta. Also, when origin is updated will sims 4 be also compatible within that update, or does that have a delay to when it is compatible?

Message 5 of 103 (27,452 Views)

Re: Mac Beta Big Sur Incompatible with sims 4

@qualitybumbos

Nothing is guaranteed to run in a beta OS unfortunately. I had the game running in the previous beta version but haven't' updated yet, I'll give it a go and post back Standard smile

AHQSigImage.png
Message 6 of 103 (27,326 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

It works perfectly on my Macbook pro with Big Sur

Cheers

Message 7 of 103 (27,194 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@carolingio1 How? I just tried it on my Pro with Big Sur and it won't let me download Origin
Message 8 of 103 (27,103 Views)

★★ Novice

AH! How did you get it to work? My I.T. husband downloaded Big Sur for me as a surprise, and now my mods and cc aren't working! 

Message 9 of 103 (27,084 Views)