mac sims legacy update and error message

by domh999

Original Post

Re: mac sims legacy update and error message

★★★★ Novice

Same thing, it didn't help. I'm obviously not the only one with this issue, why EA does not fix it? 

Message 11 of 22 (685 Views)

@domh999

You're certainly not the only one but there haven't been any other recent reports, not like that old thread when it was finally fixed.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 12 of 22 (651 Views)

EA Sims Team

@domh999 

We will look into this.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 13 of 22 (615 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Here is the most recent update: I have deleted the Sim Apps and folder from the App folder. Then I went to Origin and reinstalled everything. All game and adds on included LE reinstalled properly. I was able to play the game BUT ONLY IN ENGLISH. If I switch the language to French (game and Origin, or game only) i get the same error message. My daughter is playing the game and she doesn't speak english. What can I do?

Message 14 of 22 (593 Views)

EA Sims Team

@domh999 

Have you tried setting Origin to non-Canadian French?  This sounds similar to an old bug where Sims 4 wouldn't start if Origin and the game were different non-English languages.  Since the game itself doesn't technically support Canadian French, there may be a bug when Origin is in Canadian French and the game is in French.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 15 of 22 (553 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have checked again and Origin is in French (not the Canadian French), and the game is in French. I have tried my system in French from France too. 

Message 16 of 22 (524 Views)

EA Sims Team

@domh999 

OK thank you for checking.  We're looking into this.

Message 17 of 22 (509 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA Sims Team

Hello again @domh999 

What macOS are you using?

EDIT: Also, can you please file an Origin Error Report and send me the Report ID?

Instructions on how to send an Origin Error Report are here:

https://help.ea.com/en-ca/help/origin/origin/how-to-use-origin-error-reporting/

Message 18 of 22 (448 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have an iMac 2,7 GHz Intel Core i5 with High Sierra version 10.13.6 (17G14019)

The report ID is 1212060e400f603f

Message 19 of 22 (399 Views)

EA Sims Team

@domh999 

Thank you!

Message 20 of 22 (358 Views)