Re: lots won't save to my library

by KingBasieSims4

Original Post

Accepted Solution

lots won't save to my library

★★ Novice

I have no idea why this is happening now but I recently finished building a lot and tried to save it to my library but it just won't save, the saving loading screen comes up and nothing happens. At first i thought it was just that the build had a lot of items on it so I left it alone to see if it's just being slow but after one whole hour the saving screen was still there.

I can exit out of the game fine when this is happening so it's not like the game has frozen, so originally going on the thought there was a lot of items in the lot and my game just wasn't handling it, I started up a new game and created another lot where I placed an empty room, I tried saving it to my library and again, it wouldn't save.

I've tried: restarting my computer, trying to save using my neighbour's wifi, taking out all my CC/mods, repairing the game, removing everything from my tray folder, removing my saved files, even uninstalling and reinstalling the game (which was a complete pain to do because it took a whole day), my game is up to date as well. 

I have no idea what's wrong, and I don't even use CC in my builds and the game file I build in has no active sim households so it's not like there's a sim on the lot with CC on that's screwing up the save. 

Message 1 of 17 (26,571 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★ Novice

The game got stuck at this part, like the actual saving of the lot and as you can see, the modded option isn't there. 

However, I've now solved my problem!!! I removed the sims 4 folder from my documents, opened the game, closed it, then put all my save files/trays back and now everything is working again. 

View in thread

Message 6 of 17 (28,448 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Expert

How much free space do you have on the drive your Documents folder is located on? If that is low (below 50 GB) try to free up some space on that drive.

If this is a small SSD and you need help moving your documents folder to a larger drive, let us know here. I can help you with that.

Message 2 of 17 (26,486 Views)

★★ Novice

Thanks so much for replying! I've over 160GB of free space on my harddrive. I play on a macbook pro 13 inch mid 2012 processor 2.5 GHz intel core i5 memory 16GB, if that info is of any use?

is there like a limit to the amount of lots/households you can save to your library? or anything like that?

also, I just tried to place down a lot that was already in my library and it didn't show up in the map, but when i clicked on the lot the house was actually there? 

Message 3 of 17 (26,476 Views)

★★★ Expert

@baaatgurl I moved this over to the Sims Mac forum for you. You'll get more help here.

Message 4 of 17 (26,464 Views)

@baaatgurl

Do you have the CC option enabled in the Advanced tab in your library/gallery?

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 5 of 17 (26,459 Views)

★★ Novice

The game got stuck at this part, like the actual saving of the lot and as you can see, the modded option isn't there. 

However, I've now solved my problem!!! I removed the sims 4 folder from my documents, opened the game, closed it, then put all my save files/trays back and now everything is working again. 

Message 6 of 17 (28,449 Views)

@baaatgurl

Great! Sounds like it was a CC/Mod issue.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 7 of 17 (26,439 Views)

★★ Apprentice
I've done this 5 times and it won't work. I decided to save by room but it only saved 2 rooms before it stopped saving altogether and instead my game crashes when I try to save. And this happens with and without cc's.
Message 8 of 17 (26,148 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi! I actually recently had the same thing happen to me, but the way I fixed last time didn't work this time around, and I solved the problem by changing the graphics settings from ultra to medium and somehow that fixed it for me.

Message 9 of 17 (26,128 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Hi! I've done all these things multiple times and it's still not working... And this happens with lots with AND without cc content. I can't save any lot to my library or upload to the gallery. It simply does nothing. Does anyone have any other idea? Please help!!

Message 10 of 17 (21,088 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help