logReader.html: No such file or directory

by NinjaFire120

Original Post

logReader.html: No such file or directory

★ Novice

Hi, when I try to run The Sims 4 then I get this message. What to do with this?

Message 1 of 12 (1,337 Views)

Re: logReader.html: No such file or directory

EA Staff
@NinjaFire120 That's very odd. Where/how do you see that error?
--
I am an employee of EA.

Please do not send me private messages unless I ask you to. I promise that you will get help faster in the public forum. Thank you.
Message 2 of 12 (1,312 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hello! Could you, please, help me? I have the same problem when try to start a game from its contest.

I always see an error 135dec40:90f690cf:00000075:495f32a0/ and I have tried to solve a problem according to these advices https://www.getdroidtips.com/sims-4-error-135dec4090f690cf00000075495f32a0/?fbclid=IwAR1IdzwbSEDC2TJ....

It didn't work and then I went to the game contest, where found "The Sims 4" in the folder "mac os". There there were written:

Yulia@Yulia ~ % /Applications/The\ Sims\ 4.app/Contents/MacOS/The\ Sims\ 4 ; exit;

cp: logReader.html: No such file or directory

One guy from here (https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/Re-Sims-4-Initialization-error-at-startup-Legacy-Edit...) adviced to copy installer.plist file and paste it in another Package Contents. But, unfortunately. I don't have such file inside. Please. help me.

Message 3 of 12 (1,245 Views)

★ Novice
@MaxisJoe I have this problem when I run TS4 in terminal.
Message 4 of 12 (1,238 Views)

EA Staff
@sunnygirl994 I don't know why you're launching The Sims 4 from the command line. This isn't a recommended way to do it and you might see unexpected results/messages when you do. None-the-less, when I do it on my computer I see the error you indicate, then I see the Origin client launch, then I see The Sims 4 launch. The "logReader.html" error appears to be harmless.

The error you're seeing (the one that ends in 495f32a0) likely indicates a problem with the language files. Make sure your game and the Origin client are fully up to date, that the output of

echo $USER $HOME

are nearly the same (for example, mine might show "maxisjoe /Users/maxisjoe").

Set your preferred language for The Sims 4 to something else in the Origin client, do a repair, then set it back to your preferred language. This should force Origin to redownload any missing language files.

The Heroes here might be able to give more pointers if this doesn't work for you.
--
I am an employee of EA.

Please do not send me private messages unless I ask you to. I promise that you will get help faster in the public forum. Thank you.
Message 5 of 12 (1,219 Views)

★ Novice
@MaxisJoe I run TS4 form terminal, because when i try run it from origin then I receive “Unknown error”.
Message 6 of 12 (1,190 Views)

EA Staff
@NinjaFire120 Does the game actually launch for you, or does the launch stop when you get this message?
--
I am an employee of EA.

Message 7 of 12 (1,167 Views)

★★★★ Novice

It didn't help... Maybe other way exists?

Message 8 of 12 (1,157 Views)

★ Novice
@MaxisJoe Does not start. TS4 should work on Catalina?
Message 9 of 12 (1,130 Views)

EA Staff
@NinjaFire120 Yes, The Sims 4 works on Catalina.
--
I am an employee of EA.

Message 10 of 12 (1,105 Views)