launcher crashes when I try to login

by SereneAssassin

Original Post

launcher crashes when I try to login

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I've tried everything I've read online and nothing is working. I can login on Origin and open the launcher through it, yet it crashes when I try and login on the launcher. I've also tried reinstalling the game through Origin like some peope have suggested but that didn't work either. I spoke to EA support and they told me to reset Origin and test the game on a different user account - none of that worked. The code is in the right account so that's not the problem either. My Mac version is El Capitan so I've also tried the digital patch coz I read that could be the problem.

When I try to launch the game without logging in it it opens a bunch of windows and says, "there's a problem connecting to the server"

I really don't know what's going on Frown

Message 1 of 3 (213 Views)

Re: launcher crashes when I try to login

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Update - I followed instructions from https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/Sims-3-quot-Important-Message-There-is-a-problem-conn... and the connection problem has gone. I logged in on the game and everything was fine. I clicked launcher but wasn't logged in on that.

Shall I just play without logging in?

I have a bunch of custom content, can I use them without logging in?

Message 2 of 3 (194 Views)

Re: launcher crashes when I try to login

@SereneAssassin  The server error is a known issue, and now that you've fixed it, you shouldn't have other issues with logins.  But there's no reason you need to login to the launcher specifically unless you decide to upload content to the Exchange.  Other than that, it doesn't really have a purpose.

You can definitely use your custom content without logging in.  If your cc isn't working, there's a different reason.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 3 of 3 (185 Views)