keeps reinstalling

by Caramba1996

Original Post

keeps reinstalling

★★★★★ Newbie

Every time I want to play the Sims4, Origin has to reinstall EVERY game pack I ever bought (for sims 4). I originally put it onto an extern hard drive I plugged in every time I wanted to play. But now it has installed it onto my laptop (mac). Okay, I thought, now maybe it will stop reinstalling every time. Nope! It just did it again. Origin itself (and for some reason 2 copies of the sims4) is still on the external harddrive. Is that the problem? Do I simply move Origin to my laptop and delete everything Sims related from the external harddrive?
The sad part is that I also lost a lot of my save games Frown

Message 1 of 2 (618 Views)

Re: keeps reinstalling

@Caramba1996

Where the game installs to, and where the game saves your data to, are two different places. Your saves are always stored in Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 in your Mac user account. If the game cannot read a Sims 4 folder in that location when launched then it will create a new one with no previous data. If you have iCloud Drive enabled you need to disable it storing your Desktop and Documents folder in the cloud, otherwise the game will create a new Sims 4 folder each time you play.

As for the constant installation of the game, which seems a bit odd, could you please open Origin > Preferences > Installs & Saves and see where the game library location is?

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 2 of 2 (594 Views)