Original Post

Accepted Solution

journey to Batuu pack not loading

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? (UPDATED) 1.66.139.1620
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Games Pack: Legacy Sims and Star Wars: Journey to Batuu
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? My son can't seem to get to the Star Wars: Journey to Batuu component while playing the game...
What happens when the bug occurs? As Above, we have downloaded the Star Wars: Journey to Batuu Games Pack and we can't get to it..
What do you expect to see? Some way to get to the Games Pack... as the purchased product indicated.. We have gone through all the ways indicated via all the weblinks/blogs and still can't seem to get where they are suggesting we can get to it..
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Happened once we purchased and downloaded the Star Wars: Journey to Batuu GAMES PACK..

We currently have Sims 4 on my iMac and my son wanted to download the lastest GAME PACK -> Star Wars: Journey to Batuu, so I purchased the product and we downloaded it, no issues there.. However, we are not able to get to the land of Batuu using any method outlined anywhere...

Message 1 of 11 (2,122 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: journey to Batuu pack not loading

@maticspawn

Thanks. Yes, you need to run the Legacy Edition as your Mac does not support Metal. You will not be able to run Journey to Batuu. Maybe see if EA will give you a refund? https://help.ea.com

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -

View in thread

Message 8 of 11 (1,989 Views)

All Replies

Hero
@maticspawn You're saying you're using the legacy edition of the game. The pack doesn't run with that.

Could you please enter your game version ?

Here's instructions: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-does-this-forum-work/m-p/8775353#M124496 to check if that's the problem.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 11 (2,095 Views)

@maticspawn

Link to more info on the Legacy version and incompatible packs - https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/The-Sims-4-Legacy-Edition-thread/td-p/8420037

AHQSigImage.png
Message 3 of 11 (2,085 Views)

★★ Novice
@crinrict So I have updated the version number (1.66.139.1620), so should i then un-install the Legacy Pack, so I am able to use the Star Wars: Journey to Batuu Game Pack instead.. or won't it work and I should ask for a refund from EA??
Message 4 of 11 (2,045 Views)

★★ Novice
@Bluebellflora thanks for this information, but wouldn't it have been nice if EA informed users that if you have the Legacy Version installed, you shouldn't download the Star Wars: Journey to Batuu Game Pack.??
Message 5 of 11 (2,044 Views)

@maticspawn 

System requirements in Origin state a Metal supported Mac is required:

MINIMUM SPECS:
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4GHz Processor or better
RAM: At least 4 GB RAM
HARD DRIVE: At least 15 GB of free space with at least 1 GB additional space for custom content and saved games
VIDEO: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680, AMD Radeon RX 560 or better
INPUT: Keyboard and Mouse
ONLINE REQUIREMENTS: Internet connection required for product activation.

We can check whether you can run the current version of the game though. Please can you provide more information about your Mac. Instructions on how to do so and what to provide here - http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting/m-p/4612...

AHQSigImage.png
Message 6 of 11 (2,019 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@Bluebellfloramy specifications are:

Processor: 2.7 GHz Intel Core i5

Memory: 4GB 1333 MHz DDR3

Hard Drive: 600GB

Graphics: AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512MB

Message 7 of 11 (2,004 Views)

@maticspawn

Thanks. Yes, you need to run the Legacy Edition as your Mac does not support Metal. You will not be able to run Journey to Batuu. Maybe see if EA will give you a refund? https://help.ea.com

AHQSigImage.png
Message 8 of 11 (1,990 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm having the same problem. I cannot see the map for Batuu when I try to send my sim there on vacation or even when I'm looking at it world map view. regretting purchasing this game! I don't even have a mac. I have a brand new PC windows 10...

Message 9 of 11 (1,711 Views)

@Angelitapm

Please make a new thread in the PC forum here - https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/bd-p/The-Sims-4

If you have JTB successfully installed in your game, which you do, you will not be running Legacy Edition and you are not on a Mac (this is the Mac forum Standard smile )

AHQSigImage.png
Message 10 of 11 (1,707 Views)