installation of ambitions and generations on 64 bit Mac OS

by sheridanhoughton

Original Post

Accepted Solution

installation of ambitions and generations on 64 bit Mac OS

★★★ Apprentice

I installed sims 3 for 64 bit Mac OS yesterday, but didn't install ambitions, although I already own it. I would like to install it now, but cannot find how to do it. Also, I own Generations on disc and would like to buy/install a 64 bit version of that to install as well. help please

Message 1 of 3 (706 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: installation of ambitions and generations on 64 bit Mac OS

[ Edited ]

@sheridanhoughton  Hi again.  For Ambitions, open your Origin game library, click on the Sims 3 icon that says 64-bit on it, select Expansion Packs (it might be hidden under More), and find Ambitions right at the top.  You may see multiple entries for the pack; look for the one that has a Download button.

For Generations, are you sure you haven't already registered the pack?  If not, open your Origin library and click the + Add a Game button in the upper-right corner.  Then enter the 20-character code that came with your disc.  Then you should be able to download it in the same way as Ambitions.

If the code for Generations doesn't work, then you can contact EA customer support and ask for help.  Take a photo showing the disc, its case, and the product code, and upload it when you submit the help request.

If you do just want to buy Generations, search Origin for "generations" and it should show up.  You could also search for "expansion bundle," which includes Generations and World Adventures and is the same price.

If either pack has only one entry and says "unlocked" but you don't see a Download button, you'll also need to contact support.  Specifically, ask that the "entitlement," as it's called, for the 64-bit version of that pack be added to your account.

If you have any trouble with support, let me know.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (681 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]

@sheridanhoughton  Hi again.  For Ambitions, open your Origin game library, click on the Sims 3 icon that says 64-bit on it, select Expansion Packs (it might be hidden under More), and find Ambitions right at the top.  You may see multiple entries for the pack; look for the one that has a Download button.

For Generations, are you sure you haven't already registered the pack?  If not, open your Origin library and click the + Add a Game button in the upper-right corner.  Then enter the 20-character code that came with your disc.  Then you should be able to download it in the same way as Ambitions.

If the code for Generations doesn't work, then you can contact EA customer support and ask for help.  Take a photo showing the disc, its case, and the product code, and upload it when you submit the help request.

If you do just want to buy Generations, search Origin for "generations" and it should show up.  You could also search for "expansion bundle," which includes Generations and World Adventures and is the same price.

If either pack has only one entry and says "unlocked" but you don't see a Download button, you'll also need to contact support.  Specifically, ask that the "entitlement," as it's called, for the 64-bit version of that pack be added to your account.

If you have any trouble with support, let me know.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 3 (682 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Thanks very much. That was a great help. 

Ambitions installed now.

thanks

Message 3 of 3 (657 Views)