Re: iMac (2017) (upgraded specs, lightly used) for $850?

by Bluebellflora

Original Post

iMac (2017) (upgraded specs, lightly used) for $850?

★★★ Newbie

Looking for the best iMac desktop to have as my main computer (I also have a light macbook air for just laying around the house on the couch etc) for work (mostly admin stuff), storing personal photos (no a crazy amount) and playing the sims 3, 4, and hopefully 5 when it comes out.

I've done a lot of research and I'm not interested in getting the absolute best gaming computer with the best specs available. I just wanted something that is "pretty good" at running the sims 4 where I wouldn't run into any major issues (I also don't have super high standards as I'm not a huge gamer in general). My other tasks aren't very demanding at all. I also wanted something that is pretty to look at, stylish, and has a good resale value if I decide to get something different in the future.

This is the one I'm looking at on facebook marketplace right now:

21.5” iMac (2017) with 4k Retina Display.

Memory: 16GB 2400 Mhz DDR4

Graphics: Radeon Pro 560 4GB

Processor: 3.6 Ghz Intel Core i7

No blemishes or defects. Has only been used for photo and video editing.

It also says: Purchased directly from Apple was bought with the upgraded i7 3.6GHZ Intel processor, as well as upgraded 1TB fusion drive storage.

Wondering if you think this would be a good buy for $850?

Message 1 of 2 (167 Views)

Re: iMac (2017) (upgraded specs, lightly used) for $850?

@MayaPope

Yes, that will be great to run the game. It has a dedicated 4GB AMD graphics card, good CPU and enough RAM Standard smile

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 2 of 2 (122 Views)