i downloaded sims 3 to my mac book air but it won't let me play.

by tpqin

Original Post

MAC Sims 3 Disk Authenticity Error

★★ Newbie

I have an original CD i bought 6 or 7 years ago. I installed it on my MACbook everything went great and when I ran it it said thay my disk is not authentic. Everytime I install it on a PC, it works. Is it a mac problem? 

Message 81 of 248 (6,605 Views)

Re: MAC Sims 3 Disk Authenticity Error

@slowcoffeecat

Not a Mac problem but a problem with Sims 3 on Macs. Please read the opening post in the stickied thread on this forum specifically related to disc error issues - http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/Mac-Disc-Authorisation-No-Disc-Errors/m-p/4882518#U4882518

Locking this post but feel free to post in the above linked thread if you need further help Standard smile

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 82 of 248 (2,222 Views)

i downloaded sims 3 to my mac book air but it won't let me play.

★★ Newbie

i downloaded sims 3 to my mac book air and i downloaded fine, but i tried to play it and it is saying that there is no disk. when intact there is a disk and it is present. 

Message 83 of 248 (556 Views)

Launcher Requiring Disk after updating Sims 3[Mac]

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I downloaded the Sims 3 from Origin. I originally bought it as a disk a couple years ago. After I installed it and loaded the launcher, I had a really early version. I went to update on the Launcher but it would freeze the launcher, so I tried manually. I looked online and downloaded a 1.67 patch and now when I go to run the Sims 3, it says I need to put in the disk. I have already tried to reinstall the game but Origin made me redownload it! It took like 3 days lol (I have slow af internet). 

The problem is most likely with the patch I downloaded however I don't want to go through the waiting period of redownloading the game, are there any alternative options? 

Also, if you know any other cause of the issue with the information given, could you please share them? Thank you.

P.S. I am playing on a Macbook Air so I don't have a disk drive in my computer, and I don't wish to go purchase an external disk drive.

@Bluebellflora  please and thank you in advance

Message 84 of 248 (553 Views)

Re: Launcher Requiring Disk after updating Sims 3[Mac]

@xCharitard

You must download and install the digital patch, not the region specific patch. Links in my signature below.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 85 of 248 (546 Views)

Re: i downloaded sims 3 to my mac book air but it won't let me play.

@tpqin

You downloaded it even though you are playing from disc? Was the disc version of the game already installed and you managed to somehow download the digital version too?

There is a stickied disc error thread on this forum, the opening post may help you - http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/Mac-Disc-Authorisation-No-Disc-Errors/m-p/4882518#U4882518

AHQSigImage.png
Message 86 of 248 (559 Views)

Please insert game disc when reach home screen?!

★ Novice
Have had the issue of the game not recognising that there is a disc inserted when reaching the home page. There is definitely a disc in there and my laptop recognises it too just not the game. Used the sims 3 yesterday, after having uninstalled it and giving up a few weeks ago with the same problem, and it appeared to work fine. But today I'm having the same issue as before! Is there anything other than reinstalling (which I don't want to do because I made a new family yesterday)? Have tried restarting etc and deleting unnecessary files and nothing seems to be working. PLEASE HELP.
Message 87 of 248 (2,289 Views)

Re: Please insert game disc when reach home screen?!

@hsimspleton

Mac or PC?

AHQSigImage.png
Message 88 of 248 (2,283 Views)

[MAC] Disc Authentication Failure

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hi everyone. I bought and downloaded The Sims 3 onto my Mac through Origin, having no previous Sims games installed through disc or otherwise. Having installed it, I hit play, which took me to the launcher. Before that, a pop-up window informed me that I would have to enter my product code. As the launcher opened, it asked me to update the game, which I did. It then asked me to download a patch, which I also did. Nothing asking me to enter the product code so far. When I hit play on the launcher, I got a message saying Disc Authentication (not Authorization) Failure, No game disc found, please insert disc. I have been in contact with support, who suggested a workaround for the Disc Authorization Problem (namely deleting two folders from The Sims 3 file, emptying trash, and then restarting). I have playing again and have encountered the same problem. Anyone else who has experienced this and figured it out? Please help. Thank you very much!

Message 89 of 248 (2,237 Views)

Re: [MAC] Disc Authentication Failure

@denisaneagoe

Please read the opening post in the stickied Mac disc error thread on this forum - http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/Mac-Disc-Authorisation-No-Disc-Errors/m-p/4882518#U4882518

Locking this thread but feel free to post in the linked thread if you need further help Standard smile

AHQSigImage.png
Message 90 of 248 (2,221 Views)