how to put sims 4 onto a usb

by nerdistfangirl

Original Post

Accepted Solution

how to put sims 4 onto a usb

★★★ Newbie

Can someone please write me some steps on how to put sims 4 onto a usb? it's not downloaded yet, so no need to worry about un-installing, and yes i have a big enough usb. i have a mac btw

Message 1 of 2 (16,423 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: how to put sims 4 onto a usb

@nerdistfangirl 

1. Plug in the USB
  2. Open Origin and make sure you are logged in, hover over your name in the bottom left corner and then select Application Settings from the pop up menu. Click on Installs & Saves and you will see the installation file path under Game library location. Change this to your USB. You could create a subfolder on the USB called Applications and point to that for good practice.
  3. Download and install the game.

Please note that even though the game will be installed on the external drive, all your user data such as saves, screenshots, Mods, Tray files will be stored locally on your Mac in Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (16,393 Views)

All Replies

Re: how to put sims 4 onto a usb

@nerdistfangirl 

1. Plug in the USB
  2. Open Origin and make sure you are logged in, hover over your name in the bottom left corner and then select Application Settings from the pop up menu. Click on Installs & Saves and you will see the installation file path under Game library location. Change this to your USB. You could create a subfolder on the USB called Applications and point to that for good practice.
  3. Download and install the game.

Please note that even though the game will be installed on the external drive, all your user data such as saves, screenshots, Mods, Tray files will be stored locally on your Mac in Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 2 of 2 (16,394 Views)