by mothermayi123

Original Post

Re: how do i enable cheats on sims 4

★★★ Newbie

it doesnt work

Message 70 of 179 (2,472 Views)

★★★ Newbie
It doesn't work for me, either, but brings up the camera instead.
Message 71 of 179 (8,734 Views)

@mothermayi123

Does it bring up your Mac screenshot camera? If so stop pressing the CMD key and use the CTRL key instead.

Does it bring up the game camera? Check your CTRL and Shift keys aren't sticky and function properly in other apps.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 72 of 179 (8,727 Views)

Re: Mac Sims 4 Cheats

★★★ Newbie

so everyone is saying Command + Shift + C, but mine just doesn't work. BECAUSE IT'S NOT FREAKING COMMAND YOU SHOULD PRESS!! try Control + Shift + C. mine works!

Message 73 of 179 (8,890 Views)

Re: Mac Sims 4 Cheats

★★★ Newbie

You have to press shift,ctrl and c 

it always works on my Macbook air and only game pack I have is pets and dogs so I think it should work on your computer too

(:

Message 74 of 179 (8,795 Views)

Sims 4 Cheat Initiation not working Macbook

★★★ Newbie

I've been trying to use the cheat initiation code for the Sims 4 on my Macbook, and it usually works, but now it's not. Every time I hold down Command + Shift + C it initiates a screenshot on the game. I don't have screenshot shortcuts set on my mac, and I tried to use alternate with control and still no luck. The game is no fun without the cheats.

Message 75 of 179 (753 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Cheat Initiation not working Macbook

[ Edited ]

@chrissyforeverr

CTRL, Shift and C, not the Command key, unless you've changed the keyboard options on your Mac.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 76 of 179 (721 Views)

Cheats bar will not appear

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.61.15.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? City Living, Cats and Dogs, Get to Work
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Open the game and hit CMD + shift + C
What happens when the bug occurs? I hit CMD shift C and the cheat bar will not come up - it only takes a screenshot.
What do you expect to see? The cheat bar should come up.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I've tried everything from the thread, talked to EA support twice and am really upset that I am missing a crucial part of the game (to me) as I paid a lot of money for this. I have uninstalled Origin and The Sims 4 and reinstalled them, I have deleted all my mods and saves, I have completely deleted everything from my computer and did a complete factory reset, I do not have sticky keys, I do not have another program using this command, I have reset all settings. This has been happening for a year now. 

Message 77 of 179 (46,895 Views)

Re: Cheats bar will not appear

Hero
@rubyharringtonn Merged your post with the master thread on cheats.

It's CTRL-Shift not cmd shift on mac as well.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 78 of 179 (46,870 Views)

Re: Cheats bar will not appear

★★★ Newbie

None of these have worked, I tried them all and I’ve played with variant of cmd shift c, control shift c... None work. 

Message 79 of 179 (46,862 Views)