Re: how do I uninstall sims 4 legacy on Mac

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

how do I uninstall sims 4 legacy on Mac

★★★★★ Novice

Help I can't uninstall sims 4 legacy edition. My Mac doen't need it. I want to play university but can't now. I accidentally downloaded It and can't get rid of it anymore!! Please help me!

Message 1 of 19 (11,329 Views)

Accepted Solution

★ Novice

hey! i was having the same problem and tried to contact ea, but it was taking to long. what i, unfortunately, had to do was uninstall and reinstall the whole thing Frown once you hit the download button it has everything checked and all you have to do is uncheck the box next to “legacy edition” took a long time, but so far, it works!

hope this was helpful

View in thread

Message 4 of 19 (10,237 Views)

All Replies

@MilaVeen  Please post the full specs of your Mac, as described here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-3-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting...

I'm not sure whether it will take a full uninstall and reinstall of the game (hopefully not), but I'll ask around.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 19 (11,286 Views)

★ Novice

I'm having the same issue as @MilaVeen and this is very frustrating. I'm playing on a MacBook Pro (mid 2010) version 10.13.6 MacOS Sierra My game worked just fine before the Legacy edition downloaded and I all own all the stuff and expansions packs. I really want to play University. 

Message 3 of 19 (11,243 Views)

★ Novice

hey! i was having the same problem and tried to contact ea, but it was taking to long. what i, unfortunately, had to do was uninstall and reinstall the whole thing Frown once you hit the download button it has everything checked and all you have to do is uncheck the box next to “legacy edition” took a long time, but so far, it works!

hope this was helpful

Message 4 of 19 (10,238 Views)

★ Novice

This didn't work for me. It automatically re installed it even though i have the right computer to play sims without it

Message 5 of 19 (8,733 Views)

@TheMoodySimmer 

Please can you provide more information about your Mac. Instructions on how to do so and what to provide here - http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting/m-p/4612...

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 6 of 19 (8,709 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I have a macbook pro macOS Sierra made in 2017 I think.Can I uninstall sims 4 legacy edition and if I can how do I?
Message 7 of 19 (8,668 Views)

@Dmaci91

You must uninstall the whole game, including Legacy, then download it again. Make sure you have automatic updates off so the LE isn't downloaded.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 8 of 19 (8,634 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi, I'm hoping I will be able to play without legacy edition but I'm not sure. Specs:
MacBook Pro (13-inch, Late 2011)
Processor: 2.4 GHz Intel Core i5
Memory: 4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3

Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 3000 384 MB

I am not 100% whether I should be able to play without legacy or not.I'm trying to uninstall the entire thing at the moment but when I right click on the sims 4 in my library, uninstall isn't clickable. 

Message 9 of 19 (8,619 Views)

@snooklife

Yes you need the Legacy Edition - https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/The-Sims-4-Legacy-Edition-thread/m-p/8420037#M22694

AHQSigImage.png
Message 10 of 19 (8,607 Views)