Re: help ! create a sim won't work

by luf_simsie

Original Post

help ! create a sim won't work

★★ Novice

im playing the sims on a macbook. today , i was trying out something with a part of my game . i went to applications>sims4>show package contents>content>data>shared>worlds>areas . long story short , my (i guess graphics ?) didnt work afterwards, where it would not let me play with my household because i messed up the files to be able to see my sims and the actual game . i managed to fix that , but cas still isnt working and im not sure why . i fixed the files to the way they used to be (at least i think) but cas wont show my sims or anything . itll load in and show a night sky of sorts , not even the white background . i dont know if theres something im missing or-? does anyone know what could be wrong ?

Message 1 of 5 (564 Views)

@luf_simsie

Have you repaired your game?

Just out of interest, what were you trying to do?

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 2 of 5 (544 Views)

★★ Novice

i was trying to add a reshade to my game , but the steps to do it were a little confusing . i ended up mixing up the files that were originally there with the one that were given to me to reshade . at first , every time i pressed play with my household it would start loading but then it would bring me to the screen with all the worlds on it . i fixed that problem though , because my friend told me what files were on hers , and i was able to play the game again . except cas still doesnt work . i tried repairing my game , but origin would just crash . 

Message 3 of 5 (536 Views)

@luf_simsie

Isn't reshade Windows only?

What is wrong with CAS? Could you please describe in more detail Standard smile

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 4 of 5 (519 Views)