Re: game not saving

by Bluebellflora

Original Post

Re: Saved Builds and Households Disappearing

Hero
@acnewizard42 And you're sure you're loading the same save game and not a different one or a new one ? To be sure I understand you right, you don't actually have the save game anymore or just the active household within the save ?

@bluemist1 What platform are you on ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 40 of 528 (1,830 Views)

★ Novice
@crinrict PC windows
Message 41 of 528 (1,804 Views)

Hero
@bluemist1 So same questions apply. Is the save game disappearing ?Just the houses or all households you played ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 42 of 528 (1,791 Views)

Hero
@bluemist1 Please see my question above.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 43 of 528 (1,759 Views)

★ Novice

The builds I do are not saving. Houses I download from the gallery disappear too. The game itself saves, just not any houses I create, or download into the game save at all.

Message 44 of 528 (1,721 Views)

Hero
@bluemist1 Sounds like this issue then: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Houses-Lots-disappear/td-p/4620279/

Did you test if it works in a fresh save ?

Could you provide the info asked in the thread (please continue there)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 45 of 528 (1,697 Views)

★ Novice

It isn't always that I'm clicking on a save and then things don't load, it's that the saves just stop appearing as an option. This has happened a few times with households, but my biggest issue is that I build houses (not attached to any sims, just in newcrest), and after two or three saves it disappears from the game altogether. I am now attaching these homes to sims and hope that gives them a better chance of not disappearing, but I've still lost several larger builds and don't know why or how to get them back.

Message 46 of 528 (1,656 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@acnewizard42 Moving this to the mac forum for assistance for assistance with the saves not appearing.

For the lots disappearing in existing saves, please use this thread: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Houses-Lots-disappear/td-p/4620279/

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 47 of 528 (1,633 Views)

@acnewizard42

Please check your iCloud Drive settings - https://bluebellflora.com/2017/02/06/sims-3-and-sims-4-not-loading-save-games/

How much internal storage do you have left on your Mac?

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 48 of 528 (421 Views)

game not saving

★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.67.45.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? cats and dogs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? start menu
What happens when the bug occurs? my games do not save
What do you expect to see? my games are not saving
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system?

hello

I keep creating sims and houses for them but the games somehow get wiped out when I do an update and sometimes for no reason

Message 49 of 528 (12,262 Views)