Re: game is running slow out of the blue. Please help!!!

by Bluebellflora

Original Post

game is running slow out of the blue. Please help!!!

★ Novice

I downloaded the sims 4 and origin on my MacBook Air a week or two ago. It was running perfectly fine until today. The game keeps crashing and when I get into the game it runs extremely slow. I deleted all my save files and even all my cc and mods (saved on another platform). I just want to know why this problem came out of the blue. I was playing early in the morning and it was fine and than in the afternoon it crashes and is slow. My computer is new and is a rather powerful device. I have 198 GB of space left as well so it can't be about running out of space. I'll put my computer specs below. If you can help I would greatly appreciate it. 

MacBook Air (13-inch, 2017)

Processor 1.8 GHz Intel Core i5

Memory 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Graphics Intel HD Graphics 6000 1536 MB

Thanks!

Message 1 of 2 (244 Views)

Re: game is running slow out of the blue. Please help!!!

@SalmonSushi5 

Please move your Mods folder to the desktop, trash the localthumbcache file in the Sims 4 folder, repair your game then play for a bit without the Mods/CC - how is it?

Which version of macOS are you running? Which packs do you have installed? What graphics settings do you have the game on ?

MacBook Airs are great machines for their intended purpose but absolutely not designed for gaming as they are very low spec. and do not have much power. Your Mac is a couple of years old too but the hardware technology is actually from 2015 (the Intel HD 6000/1.8GHz CPU was first used in the early 2015 models).

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 2 of 2 (223 Views)