game crashes when using patio table

by skysonglark

Original Post

Accepted Solution

game crashes when using patio table

★★ Novice

I've crashed the game 3 times now by trying to place a patio table with an umbrella. Every other furniture item seems fine so far, but it's all the variants of the table with the umbrella. Is there a way for me to recover data for that asset specifically? I'm using a Mac updated to Big Sur (though the problem was happening before I updated my OS). 

Message 1 of 10 (406 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: game crashes when using patio table

@skysonglark

Yeah, probably just a repair. The game is fine on an external provided the speed of the external is fast enough, USB-C/Thunderbolt for example. Plenty of users run it off an external these days because of internal storage.

That thread is from 2 years ago and the user was attempting something strange I never fully understood Standard smile

In future it would also be worth running the Origin reset tool if you have issues with it not working properly (Origin is an absolute mess at the best of times) https://help.ea.com/en-gb/help/origin/origin/how-to-reset-origin-on-mac/

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -

View in thread

Message 8 of 10 (331 Views)

All Replies

@skysonglark

Which specific table is it?

AHQSigImage.png
Message 2 of 10 (385 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm realizing there's some other assets that cause the same issue. Seems to have something to do with whichever ones have a lot of colour options? Trying to change the colours freezes the game. Not a full crash, just indefinitely loading.

Message 3 of 10 (381 Views)

@skysonglark 

Hmm. Please can you provide more information about your Mac. Instructions on how to do so and what to provide here - http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting/m-p/4612...

Could you also please list a few of the objects this is happening with?

AHQSigImage.png
Message 4 of 10 (374 Views)

★★ Novice
@Bluebellflora I think the issue might be because from some googling Sims 4 really doesn't like being on a hard drive, and since this happened after the update probably some folders got put in strange places. I'm moving the game files onto my computer and we'll see if that solves it.
Message 5 of 10 (356 Views)

@skysonglark

I have my game installed on an external drive running on two Macs and it's fine, not having any issues since the last patch. Do you have a link to where you have found this info?

AHQSigImage.png
Message 6 of 10 (340 Views)

★★ Novice
@Bluebellflora This very forum! https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/origin-says-external-hard-drive-not-mounted/td-p/7038...

I've reinstalled the game on my internal drive. Might have just needed to be repaired, but I couldn't make Origin go online to actually run "Repair game" properly (Origin just hung) so figured better safe than sorry. Haven't had any asset problems since.
Message 7 of 10 (337 Views)

@skysonglark

Yeah, probably just a repair. The game is fine on an external provided the speed of the external is fast enough, USB-C/Thunderbolt for example. Plenty of users run it off an external these days because of internal storage.

That thread is from 2 years ago and the user was attempting something strange I never fully understood Standard smile

In future it would also be worth running the Origin reset tool if you have issues with it not working properly (Origin is an absolute mess at the best of times) https://help.ea.com/en-gb/help/origin/origin/how-to-reset-origin-on-mac/

AHQSigImage.png
Message 8 of 10 (332 Views)

★★ Novice
@Bluebellflora Oh, good to know. Origin did attempt a repair, but then crashes. Reset probably would have done it!
Thanks for your help.
Message 9 of 10 (328 Views)

@skysonglark

You're welcome Standard smile

AHQSigImage.png
Message 10 of 10 (325 Views)