fuzzy and distorted sound and CAS keeps freezing on Mac

by zitarae

Original Post

Accepted Solution

fuzzy and distorted sound and CAS keeps freezing on Mac

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I just bought the sims 4 with a few expansion and stuff packs, so its a brand new game. However when loading the backing track is all fuzzy and distorted and CAS keeps freezing every time I click in the sim. Is this related to the new patch update I've read about or is this something else. I would appreciate any help since I spent a lot of money on a game that doesn't want to work Frown This is Mac system that I use.

[title edited for clarity - EA_Leeloo]

Message 1 of 6 (426 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: HELP

@zitarae @EA_Illium

This is a known issue on the new Macs with M1 chips. You need to enable Vsync in the in-game options to fix it. More info is in the dedicated thread for these models here. @MaxisJoe has provided the solution https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/Compatible-with-Apple-M1-Chip/td-p/9717611

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -

View in thread

Message 5 of 6 (367 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@zitarae This may be connected, can you try running a repair on Sims 4 and seeing if this continues?

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 2 of 6 (402 Views)

★★ Novice
@EA_Illium thank you for responding, I have repaired the game through origin multiple times, uninstalled and reinstalled the sims, restarted origin and there is still no change to the game. CAS continues to freeze regardless and i have to switch off my whole MacBook as i cant do anything else. I have also removed the sound through advance settings on origin as suggested but it doesnt seem to help with anything.
Message 3 of 6 (387 Views)

Community Manager
@zitarae Ok thank you for confirming, The team is aware of these issues it may be best to await a patch/update and trying again to see if this continues. Once I have further information I can post here if anything specific needs to be done.

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 4 of 6 (379 Views)

@zitarae @EA_Illium

This is a known issue on the new Macs with M1 chips. You need to enable Vsync in the in-game options to fix it. More info is in the dedicated thread for these models here. @MaxisJoe has provided the solution https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/Compatible-with-Apple-M1-Chip/td-p/9717611

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 5 of 6 (368 Views)

★★ Novice
@Bluebellflora thank you soooo much this really did help, so far no freezing whatsoever!!!!
Message 6 of 6 (359 Views)