Re: expansion pack bought/installed but not showing up

by Bluebellflora

Original Post

expansion pack bought/installed but not showing up

★★★ Newbie

I'm on a Mac and I have most of the sims4 packs, just bought the University expansion pack and it says it's installed but when I launch the game it doesn't show up on the main menu or in game play mode. Where is it and how do I play it?

Message 1 of 4 (381 Views)

@TheBlueSpirit9

Are you running the Legacy Edition of the game?

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 2 of 4 (334 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am not the op, but am having the same issue with university and eco. I believe I have the legacy edition (I didn't download it myself, pretty sure Origin did on its own, I saw it when the game was updating one day). I watched the expansions download and finish and it said they were installed but they are nowhere to be found when I am playing. Spoke to EA customer service and origin customer service and they couldn't help me solve the issue.

Message 3 of 4 (290 Views)

@dolyndie 

They couldn't help you check whether you were running the LE or not, or indeed if you need to? That's.......... dreadful to say the least.

Discover University and all subsequent packs are not compatible with the LE - https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/The-Sims-4-Legacy-Edition-thread/m-p/8450543#M36452

But let's check to se I you actually need to run the LE. Please can you provide more information about your Mac. Instructions on how to do so and what to provide here - http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting/m-p/4612...

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 4 of 4 (264 Views)