Re: double/triple clicking issue (64-bit)

by lcsoloman1

Original Post

double/triple clicking issue (64-bit)

★ Apprentice

I installed the sims 3 64-bit game but when i'm in game if i just click once nothing happens. if i double click most of the time things get clicked on but not always, sometimes i have to triple click. Sometimes though if i triple click it's too much but if i single or double click nothing happens. Has anyone else experienced this? Anyone know of a fix? thanks!

Message 1 of 5 (1,831 Views)

@lcsoloman1  I've noticed a slight delay when I click on an object or sim, especially if the pie menu has a number of options.  Is it possible this is what you're seeing, that the menu isn't showing right away?

If it really does take multiple clicks, does this happen no matter what you click on?  Please try sims, interactive objects, the floor or ground ("go here"), and something that your sims can't interact with, for example a wall or counter.  Please also let me know what mods you have installed, if any.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 5 (1,812 Views)

★ Apprentice

Hi, no mods right now, and it's everything, in cas or clicking on objects or choosing options from menu or clicking in build/buy etc.

Message 3 of 5 (1,778 Views)

@lcsoloman1  What world(s) are you playing in, and does it make a difference if you play in Sunset Valley?  Please also attach your deviceconfig.log to a post; it's in Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 3.  (You'll need to manually open the folders; the file won't show up in a search.)  You can delete your user and computer names, about 25 lines down, but there's nothing else in that file that can identify you.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 4 of 5 (1,768 Views)

★ Apprentice

Whoa i've randomly stopped having the issue? was before i even entered sunset valley or any world as well -- happened when i was choosing the world itself, clicking the check, game options, everything. glad to see it's not happening now ! hope it doesnt come back lol. thanks for responding and tryna help ((:

Message 5 of 5 (1,734 Views)