does apple m1 pro chip support the sims 4

by oohching

Original Post

Accepted Solution

does apple m1 pro chip support the sims 4

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

after I changed my computer from intel core to apple m1 pro chip, I cannot run the new buy expansion packs and game packs in the sims 4 on my new computer. I don't know why I cannot run the new buy packs on the new computer while I still can run the old bought one. I don't know whether is the problem of the apple m1 pro chip does not support the game or there is a problem with the game. Can anyone help me to solve the problem? I really want to play the game. 

Message 1 of 6 (1,534 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: does apple m1 pro chip support the sims 4

@oohching 

Ok, have you tried this basic troubleshooting step? Follow these steps to launch a new clean game and try to narrow down the issue - https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting...

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -

View in thread

Message 6 of 6 (1,383 Views)

All Replies

@oohching

What exactly is happening? Have you read the compiled list to see which known issues affect you? https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/Compiled-list-of-Mac-specific-issues/m-p/9346384#M367...

AHQSigImage.png
Message 2 of 6 (1,457 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Bluebellflora I can run the game and play all the packs that I bought before, but I cannot play any of the contents of the newly bought one. I still can see there is a map, but I cannot click or see the details.
Message 3 of 6 (1,452 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@oohching for the cottage living expansion pack, I can place the furniture, the chicken houses etc. but those items are not functioning, I just can place them in the world but can't play them
Message 4 of 6 (1,449 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@oohching Also, for the dream home decorator, I can see there is a new career, and the characters can apply for that job also, but the problem is there is nothing shown after the character applied for that job
Message 5 of 6 (1,448 Views)

@oohching 

Ok, have you tried this basic troubleshooting step? Follow these steps to launch a new clean game and try to narrow down the issue - https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting...

AHQSigImage.png
Message 6 of 6 (1,384 Views)