Re: custom content not showing up in game (sims 4 on mac)

by Zentyx64

Original Post

custom content not showing up in game (sims 4 on mac)

★★ Novice

hi everyone,

so i recently downloaded a whole heap of furniture and decor cc for my game and nothing is showing up.

i have not had this problem before (i have lots of clothes and hairstyles) but none of the new content is showing up

i would appreciate any help and if it provides any help i am playing on my macbook air (and have had no problems running the game)

thankyou Standard smile

Message 1 of 14 (19,158 Views)

@chloe_sarahh

Do you have the CC nested too deeply in subfolders? Could you give me a link to a couple of things you've downloaded but can't see?

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 2 of 14 (19,109 Views)

@maryam12_6

Just to check, you do have CC/Mods enabled in the game settings? And you are adding the .package files you're downloading to your Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 > Mods folder? And there is a resource.cfg file in the Mods folder?

Did you download the required mesh for the first link?

The other 3 links are HQ textures, does your Mac have a powerful enough graphics card to use them in game? If it has Intel only then the answer will probably be no. Please can you try installing something really basic like a recolour of an EA item and see if that shows up?

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 4 of 14 (18,986 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi.

I haven't had a problem with it before, but my custom content, on my mac, is not showing up. It is not showing up anywhere in my game. I have enabled custom content, and know 100% that all the cc I downloaded is for the Sims 4, and most definitely put my cc in my mods folder. Even when doing all of these things, my cc is not showing up.

I hope you are able to help!

Message 5 of 14 (18,547 Views)

@Zentyx64  Is all your cc compatible with the most recent patch?  An item that hasn't been updated could be causing the entire folder to not load correctly.

You can test your cc by dragging your entire TS4 game folder out of Documents and onto your desktop.  When you launch the game again, a clean folder will spawn with no content. or saves.  Move a couple of cc items into this new folder, or better yet, download fresh versions that have been updated since the patch was released.  If these items show up in-game, you can test out the rest of your cc in batches.  Any batch that works can be set aside; any that doesn't should be split and tested again until you've identified the source(s) of your issue.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 6 of 14 (18,534 Views)

★★ Novice

I have tried that now but I can't find the clean folder. How do I find it?

And also, I am pretty sure all my cc is up to date since I deleted all my old cc and downloaded new ones recently in hopes to make my cc work. (It didn't)

Message 7 of 14 (18,518 Views)

@Zentyx64  After you remove your existing game folder from Documents, you have to launch the game again to get a new folder to spawn.  It will be in the same place you found your old folder.  If there's nothing there (even though you had the game running), make sure it's not in your iCloud drive.  If that's where the folder is, your computer is probably uploading the contents of your Documents folder automatically.  You can either disable your iCloud drive entirely, or change your options:

https://bluebellflora.com/2017/02/06/sims-3-and-sims-4-not-loading-save-games/

Message 8 of 14 (18,508 Views)

★★ Novice

It sadly didn't work.

Message 9 of 14 (18,502 Views)

@Zentyx64  You can try repairing the game in Origin.  Right-click on the TS4 icon in your Origin library.  And again use a clean folder, just to make sure that nothing in the old folder is getting in the way.

Message 10 of 14 (18,495 Views)