Re: cc not showing up

by jpkarlsen

Original Post

Accepted Solution

cc not showing up

★★★ Novice
So I have been trying to download custom content for a while and it downloads onto my laptop fine but when I go into the game the CC doesn't show up at all. I've enabled script mods but it seems to still not work. My Resource.cfg folder is in there but it still won't work. I'm not sure why, I've looked at other forums and can't find any answers and I've attached my mods folder below
Message 1 of 25 (4,273 Views)

Accepted Solution

@animelover558

You have to launch the game for the folder to appear, then quit it, then add one piece of CC to Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 > Mods.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -

View in thread

Message 21 of 25 (5,510 Views)

All Replies

Champion (Retired)

There are several files that do not belong there such as *.png files. But the main issue is that you have duplicates. You have some *.package files in the main folder and it appears that you have the same in subfolders. This will cause problems. Remove the duplicates.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 25 (4,241 Views)

★★★ Novice

I deleted all the files from that folder (not including the resource.cfg file) then added some simple files from TSR back and it still didn't work

Message 3 of 25 (4,232 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Did you enable Mods and CC in Game options | Other?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 4 of 25 (4,228 Views)

★★★ Novice

Yeah I have. they just don't show up at all 

Message 5 of 25 (4,224 Views)
Highlighted

Champion (Retired)

In that case it appears that you placed them in the wrong place.

Someone here in the Mac forum can possibly help you.

Message 6 of 25 (4,217 Views)

@animelover558

Firstly, you can screenshot your Mac by holding down CMD, Shift and pressing 3. CMD, Shift and pressing 4 enables you to drag and click on a certain part of the screen to screenshot.

Secondly, is that your Downloads folder? CC needs to be in your Mods folder.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 7 of 25 (4,206 Views)

★★★ Novice

No its in my electronic arts folder

Message 8 of 25 (4,199 Views)

@animelover558

But your Electronic Arts folder is on your Desktop, it should be in your Documents folder. There should also be nothing else in the Mods folder apart from .package files, in folders if you like for easy sorting, and the Resource.cfg file.

mods-folder.png

AHQSigImage.png
Message 9 of 25 (4,194 Views)

★★★ Novice

Ive put them into folders and made sure it is inside of documents, but its still not even showing up at all

Message 10 of 25 (4,187 Views)