Re: cant click on anything, gameplay is frozen

by izsimz399

Original Post

cant click on anything, gameplay is frozen

★★ Novice

for the past day whenever I try to play the sims, I click on my family and hit play and then that one loading screen from the map to my household seems to take a super long time. much longer than the other loading screens and how long it normally takes. anyway, once it finally loads, the first minute is fine, I can click things and everything but then after about a minute (maybe less) I cant click on anything. like I will click and no options menu show up, and the game is frozen, except for the things at top like options, the gallery, things like that, just no gameplay features. I searched it up to see if there were any answers online but all the other people seem to have their time still working, and the solution to that is to reinstall your sims 4 folder. I tried that, as well as restarting the game, restarting my computer, taking all my mods out, repairing my game, updating my game, and nothing is helping. not sure what to do, all I want to do is play sims lol.

Message 1 of 5 (665 Views)

[ Edited ]

@izsimz399

Do you think it's the same as this? https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/Game-periodically-freezes-after-November-2020-Update/...

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 2 of 5 (636 Views)

★★ Novice

I don't think so because my sims aren't doing anything, they are frozen too and the game never resolves. its just stuck like that.

Message 3 of 5 (628 Views)

@izsimz399 

Ok. Not sure what you mean by reinstalling your Sims 4 folder in your first post. Can you please move your Sims 4 folder from Documents > Electronic Arts to the desktop and launch a completely new clean game?

Please can you provide more information about your Mac. Instructions on how to do so and what to provide here - http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting/m-p/4612...

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 4 of 5 (626 Views)

★★ Novice

yup thats what I meant haha. still the same glitch.

Message 5 of 5 (620 Views)