Re: can't see through windows when walls are up in Sims 4

by Sophiemolly11

Original Post

Accepted Solution

can't see through windows when walls are up in Sims 4

★★ Novice

I play sims 4 on Mac, i have been playing it for a few years now, but recently something has happened which has caused me to not be able to see through the windows on any of my houses. You can't see in from the outside when the walls are up, it is quite annoying as i can't see what my windows look like properly. I was wondering if this has happened for everyone and it was just part of an update or if it is something wrong, if it is then how can i fix it? i have tried updating my game and fixing it.

These pictures show what i mean...

Message 1 of 6 (27,676 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hi @Sophiemolly11,

That could be happening due to low graphic settings. Lower graphic settings means lower details in order to be able to play the game smoothly

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

No trabajo para EA, solo soy un jugador tratando de ayudar a otros jugadores. No respondo mensajes privados, Permite que otros puedan beneficiarse de la información.

I don't work for EA, I'm just a player like you, trying to help other players. I do not reply private messages.

View in thread

Message 2 of 6 (29,876 Views)

All Replies

Hi @Sophiemolly11,

That could be happening due to low graphic settings. Lower graphic settings means lower details in order to be able to play the game smoothly

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

No trabajo para EA, solo soy un jugador tratando de ayudar a otros jugadores. No respondo mensajes privados, Permite que otros puedan beneficiarse de la información.

I don't work for EA, I'm just a player like you, trying to help other players. I do not reply private messages.

Message 2 of 6 (29,877 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Thank you so much @fons_garmo! I had a look and my Graphics settings were on low, so i turned them up and the problem has gone! I can now see through my windows. Thanks for your help.

Message 3 of 6 (27,645 Views)

★★★ Novice

@fons_garmo wrote:

Hi @Sophiemolly11,

Nice one. Thanks for that. I play console and Mac. I added mods on my Mac, just to check them out then noticed the windows went opaque. Thought it was something to do with the mods as the windows were fine before I added them. 

The graphic settings must have automatically adjusted to lower. 

Message 4 of 6 (10,688 Views)

★★★ Newbie

how exactly do you adjust the graphic settings?

Message 5 of 6 (10,542 Views)

@SirArielo

In the in-game graphics options menu.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 6 of 6 (10,539 Views)