by lepetitemais

Original Post

can't play game

[ Edited ]
★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? <removed>. (not sure if correct )
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? sims 4
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? not sure
What happens when the bug occurs? can't access game
What do you expect to see? nothing
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system?

When I open origin and click on the game it said it was updating but stayed on 0% so I clicked cancel update which took a while to cancel now when I click on download its doing to same so I can't play the game.

Message 1 of 5 (399 Views)

Re: can't play game

★★★★★ Apprentice

Hey! Maybe people more skilled than me recognize this issue, but here are a few ideas:

1. Is your internet connection working alright? You're publishing this, so probably, but just checking.

2. Have you tried turning your computer off and on again? I know, most boring thing to hear but it usually works for me Wink

3. Have you tried to right click and click "Repair"?

4. BACK UP YOUR SIMS 4 FOLDER in user/documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 4. Take the "The Sims 4" folder and copy it to your desktop or something, and make sure your saves and everything you need is in there. Then delete it and try to start the game. (It will create a new version of this folder.) The game would open but as if it was just installed. If this works, then go back to your backup folder and copy back the saves, mods, etc, from your old folder into the respective new folder.

5. If this doesn't work, try to uninstall Origin, restart your computer, and install Origin again.

This is not a bug in the game. It could be an Origin issue or a local issue for you. Try/check each of these steps one by one (so try step 1., if that doesn't work, try step 2., check if game works, etc.)

If you have any additional information, please submit it.

If you use mods and CC, always try to remove those first (back them up, if you don't want to lose them all).

Good luck Standard smile

Message 2 of 5 (381 Views)

Hero
@oliviac06 Moving this to the mac forum for better help

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 5 (347 Views)

@oliviac06 

Please run the Origin reset tool then try again.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 4 of 5 (336 Views)

Community Manager

Hi oliviac06,

I was concerned the details shared as the version number might actually be your game code or password so I've edited the post to remove that and to help protect your personal information just in case. 

The version number on The Sims 4 can be difficult to locate if you're not sure where to look. Standard smile I've taken a screenshot of The Sims 4 client and popped a directional arrow and a red box around where the version number is. Hopefully it's clear and can help you with finding yours. Please click on the spoiler tag to expand it and see the image. 

Spoiler
Verision number..jpg

- EA_Lanna

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 5 of 5 (319 Views)