can't install sims 3 on origin on Mac

by heavenlyjunkiess

Original Post

can't install sims 3 on origin on Mac

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

When I'm in Origin (Where I have Sims 3) there isn't even an button that say "install" it just says "!". I haven't installed that game on this computer before (MacBook Air) but I've played it trough Origin before on PC.
Sims 4 is working fine tho.
Is there anything I can do? Have googled it and tried a bunch of stuff but it haven't worked. I've read about it now being in 64-bit, but how do you get that even? can't find it

Message 1 of 6 (277 Views)

Re: can't install sims 3 on origin on Mac

Hero
@heavenlyjunkiess The Sims 3 (64-bit & Metal) appears as a separate game in your Origin library, and it has a 64-bit tag on its box art. The 32-bit one just says 'The Sims 3'. Are you sure that it isn't under 'Hidden games'?

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 2 of 6 (265 Views)

@heavenlyjunkiess  The 64-bit version of Sims 3 is a separate entry in your Origin game library:

DL 64-bit.png

If you don't have it, you'll need to contact EA customer support to ask that the "entitlements," as they're called, for your base game and packs be added to your account.

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 3 of 6 (248 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I tested to get that "EA Play" since the 64-bit & metal version was in that, can't install it tho. I have it on there and payed for it but it won't work Frown Idk if it hasen't come to Sweden yet or what it can be really

Message 4 of 6 (243 Views)

@heavenlyjunkiess  EA Play is Windows-only, so it won't help you here.  You need to own the game outright to play it in macOS, and in this case, you need the 64-bit version.

If you contact EA customer support and don't get anywhere, please let me know—I'll forward the issue to someone from EA who might better know how to help.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 5 of 6 (237 Views)

★★★ Newbie

The support team on EA helped me get a refund on the EA Play and helped me get the 64-bit & metal that works on Mac. Now I'll just wait for it to download and hope It'll work

Message 6 of 6 (223 Views)