Re: can’t go online sims 4

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

can’t go online sims 4

★★ Novice

ever since i downloaded the sims 4 legacy edition i’ve been unable to go online in sims 4. when i go into gallery it only comes up with my library and i just purchased the new university pack but it’s not coming up in the sims 4 and on origin it says that it’s installed

Message 1 of 20 (4,686 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]

@Lucyhuang1223  I've moved your thread to the Mac section.

Your Mac does in fact support Metal, but your current OS does not.  That's why you've been forced to use the Legacy Edition.  If you install at least El Capitan (10.11), you'll be able to run the standard edition of Sims 4, with access to the Gallery and future packs.  Open the App Store and search for El Capitan; you should see the option to download the installer.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 6 of 20 (4,610 Views)

All Replies

@Lucyhuang1223  The Legacy Edition of Sims 4 doesn't run Discover University, and it has no access to the Gallery or other online features.  For more information, please see this FAQ:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion-and-Feedback/The-Sims-4-Update-on-Supported-Systems/m-p...

Message 2 of 20 (4,670 Views)

★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict oh so do i have to uninstall sims 4 legacy edition?
Message 3 of 20 (4,667 Views)

@Lucyhuang1223  Yes, provided your computer can run the standard edition.  If it runs 64-bit Windows, you can just change the version of Sims 4 that Origin launches.  Go to your Origin game library, right-click on the Sims 4 icon, select Game Properties > Advanced Launch Options, and choose to launch in 64-bit.  If you don't see the option, right-click on the Sims 4 icon and select Repair, then look again.

If you have a Mac, please post its full specs, as described here.  The question is whether your Mac supports Metal; the specs will make that clear.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-3-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting...

Message 4 of 20 (4,661 Views)

★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict i have a macbook air, OS X Yosemite and it was made in 2015.
Processor: 1.6 GHz Intel Core i5
Memory: 4 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 6000 1536 MB
Message 5 of 20 (4,632 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Lucyhuang1223  I've moved your thread to the Mac section.

Your Mac does in fact support Metal, but your current OS does not.  That's why you've been forced to use the Legacy Edition.  If you install at least El Capitan (10.11), you'll be able to run the standard edition of Sims 4, with access to the Gallery and future packs.  Open the App Store and search for El Capitan; you should see the option to download the installer.

Message 6 of 20 (4,611 Views)

★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict i think it worked, thank you so much for the help!
Message 7 of 20 (4,576 Views)

★★★ Novice

So do I, and this is happening to me, do you know how to fix it?

Message 8 of 20 (4,398 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have this problem too, but I can't find el capitan on the app store, could you help me please

Message 9 of 20 (4,397 Views)

@PiaComer  Here are directions for installing El Capitan, with a link for the .dmg in step 4:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT206886

But if you can, it would be better to upgrade to High Sierra or Mojave—Sims 4 doesn't run well in El Capitan, and not at all in Sierra for people with AMD graphics cards.  If you're not sure what your Mac supports, or what hardware it has, please post the full specs of your Mac, as described here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting...

Message 10 of 20 (4,387 Views)