Re: can only make objects bigger (mac, SE)

by Bluebellflora

Original Post

Accepted Solution

can only make objects bigger (mac, SE)

★ Novice

so I have contacted support a number of times now, and they are always puzzled and the only option left seems to be talking about it in the forum to get the devs to notice and maybe fix this. 

I play the sims 4 on my swedish macbook pro (early 2011), it's an old machine but it does its job just fine. there's just one issue: when i resize objects, no matter what key combinations I try, they only get bigger.

I have a workaround for this, and it is to set my computer to recognize the keyboard as US international, and when I do that, it works fine. but when it's set to US, the symbols are all in different spots and i can't use the keyboard normally. so, I'd much prefer being able to do it with my default settings. 

US settings: Å makes it smaller, ^ makes it bigger.

SE settings: Å makes it bigger, nothing I have tried makes it smaller.

as reference, my keyboard looks like this:

this seems to be an issue with swedish *mac* keyboards specifically, as the same problem doesn't happen for swedish users on PC, that I have seen. in other cases when combinations have worked for people, such as trying other keys or adding ctrl, it doesn't make a difference for me.

any help getting this noticed is appreciated. I know it's a minor issue, but it would make life just that little bit easier for me.

Message 1 of 2 (431 Views)

Accepted Solution

@diskdino

Yes, unfortunately the only fix is to set your keyboard to US or UK as not all keyboards seemed to have been properly mapped for the game Frown

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (404 Views)

All Replies

@diskdino

Yes, unfortunately the only fix is to set your keyboard to US or UK as not all keyboards seemed to have been properly mapped for the game Frown

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 2 of 2 (405 Views)