Re: ask

by Bluebellflora

Original Post

ask

★★★ Newbie

Saved files not appearing in Sims 4 Game??? MAC

Was wondering if anyone could help me figure out why the game isn't recognising my saves

Recently my laptop backed everything to icloud including all my Sims 4 saves.  I noticed that the game could not find the saves since they were on icloud and not on my laptop, so I moved the entire sims 4 folder back to my desktop.

This didn't work, so I tried to repair the game under origin settings but still nothing

I noticed that a few forums suggested to alter the file names by deleting ver1 or ver0 so that the file just says 'save' at the end etc etc but the last save recorded is already the name that the forums suggest changing it to.

I also tried to create a new save game to figure out where the new saves were going to (in the hopes to replace with the old saves), but they're not appearing anywhere on my laptop as far as I can see so I'm a bit confused

If anyone can help that'd be great!

Message 1 of 2 (219 Views)

Re: ask

@Fr3nch134455 

Please open Terminal and copy and paste the following command then hit Enter/Return:

find ~ -type d -name "*The Sims 4*" 2>/dev/null

After a little while it will return the results of the search. Please copy and paste the results in a post here.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 2 of 2 (194 Views)