accidentally lost my original Sims 4 folder

by sonyd123

Original Post

accidentally lost my original Sims 4 folder

★★ Novice

Hi, I accidentally lost my original Sims 4 folder from documents>electronic arts, it generated a new folder but I lost all of my data and mods from my other Sims 4 folder that I am looking for. I am on a Macbook Pro. Help!

Message 1 of 9 (625 Views)

Re: accidentally lost my original Sims 4 folder

@sonyd123 

Please open Terminal and copy and paste the following command then hit Enter/Return:

find ~ -type d -name "*The Sims 4*" 2>/dev/null

After a little while it will return the results of the search. Please copy and paste the results in a post here.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 2 of 9 (620 Views)

★★ Novice

@Bluebellflora wrote:

@sonyd123 

Please open Terminal and copy and paste the following command then hit Enter/Return:

find ~ -type d -name "*The Sims 4*" 2>/dev/null

After a little while it will return the results of the search. Please copy and paste the results in a post here.

How long will it take to return my original files? And what should I post, the terminal script, or the finder application?

Message 3 of 9 (615 Views)

[ Edited ]

@sonyd123

Not sure what you mean by the Terminal script or Finder application in this context. I just need you to open Terminal, copy and paste that search command, hit return, then wait for it to finish searching. It will bring up the command prompt again when it's finished. I then need you to select all the returned results, copy them, then paste into a post here.

You can replace your user account name with whatever you like, I don't need to know that but if you do, please keep it consistent.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 4 of 9 (603 Views)

Lost file

★★ Novice

hi, i recently was doing something with my Sims 4 file is documents>electronic arts where I dragged the folder onto my desktop and it obviously generated a new folder, and as soon as i wanted to drag the folder that was on my desktop into the electronic arts folder, it disappeared and i cant find it anywhere. I am on a Macbook pro. Help

Message 5 of 9 (598 Views)

★★ Novice

when i entered the command all that came up was this

Message 6 of 9 (594 Views)

@sonyd123

If that was the only result returned, and none of your saves etc. are in that Sims 4 folder (Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 in your user account) then yes, I'm afraid it looks like you've lost any previous data. That space is odd though between inputting the command and the results being returned. Have you edited the picture to omit another line of results?

AHQSigImage.png
Message 7 of 9 (590 Views)

★★ Novice

No, nothing came up in another window. It'll be a hassle getting all my mods back thoughDisappointed

Message 8 of 9 (562 Views)

@sonyd123

Not another window, there is a gap between where you entered the command and the results. I was wondering whether you had blanked that in the screenshot because you didn't want the result to show for some reason.

If you have iCloud Drive enabled you could check in that Documents folder but if that was the case, it should have shown up in Terminal.

Do you have a backup of your Documents folder?

AHQSigImage.png
Message 9 of 9 (544 Views)