Re: all my cc is gone :C

by HILLARYPLAYZZ

Original Post

Accepted Solution

aLL my cc is gone :C

★★ Novice

so I was on sims 4 doing my sim things an di wanted to go get more cc so I left WITh alottttt OF CC then went back to is sims to go look next thing I see I got a notification that all my was gonna I was shook  soo shook that I cried I tried everything re enabling my custom content EVAN deleting my second resorce.cfg folder nothing worked so um im gonna go lock my door an cry until I get this solved.

Message 1 of 9 (941 Views)

Accepted Solution

@HILLARYPLAYZZ 

That's the contents of your Mods folder? What a mess!

All CC should be unzipped in the Mods folder, unless the creator clearly states it should be zipped, and have the file extension .package or .ts4script. You have RAR files and Zip files, check with the creator how to install these. They probably need to be unzipped and the Zip file then moved out of the Mods folder.

Files ending in .psd are Photoshop files, no idea why you have those in there.

Please could you click on one of the those CC files once to select it then go to File > Get Info. Under the General > Where section near the top of the info window please copy and paste the location of the file here so I can check the file path.

Please can you also try and be as clear and concise as possible in your reply Standard smile

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -

View in thread

Message 8 of 9 (835 Views)

All Replies

Re: aLL my cc is gone :C

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

[solved] all I had to do was re download is am I that stupid?

Message 2 of 9 (933 Views)

Re: aLL my cc is gone :C

★★ Novice

not solved I'm rlly stupid pls help  ima cry now]

Message 3 of 9 (919 Views)

@HILLARYPLAYZZ  I'm not sure what's going on here.  Are your custom content files still visible in your Mods folder?  If so, please right-click on the Mods folder, select Properties, copy the file path, and paste it here.  You can write [username] instead of your actual username if you want, but please leave the rest of the file path intact.

If your custom content is completely gone, please check in OneDrive, or in iCloud if you have a Mac, and let me know whether any Sims 4 files are there.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 4 of 9 (906 Views)

★★ Novice

to be honest this is making me sad I tried doing that I Evan deleted my second mods folder but then I realised I have two resource cc folders! I don't know if I delete them or not its not gonna work tho I might as well quit Simms :C\

Message 5 of 9 (880 Views)

@HILLARYPLAYZZ  There's no reason to quit Sims 4.  But I can't really help unless I know where the folders with your custom content are and what's in them.  So please open each folder you still have, then take a screenshot of the contents.  Include the address bar, above the list of files and folders: this will show the location of the folder itself.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 6 of 9 (873 Views)

★★ Novice

well I hoped it helps a lot!Screenshot 2021-02-16 at 23.59.48.png

Message 7 of 9 (861 Views)

@HILLARYPLAYZZ 

That's the contents of your Mods folder? What a mess!

All CC should be unzipped in the Mods folder, unless the creator clearly states it should be zipped, and have the file extension .package or .ts4script. You have RAR files and Zip files, check with the creator how to install these. They probably need to be unzipped and the Zip file then moved out of the Mods folder.

Files ending in .psd are Photoshop files, no idea why you have those in there.

Please could you click on one of the those CC files once to select it then go to File > Get Info. Under the General > Where section near the top of the info window please copy and paste the location of the file here so I can check the file path.

Please can you also try and be as clear and concise as possible in your reply Standard smile

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 8 of 9 (836 Views)

★★ Novice

thanks it worked

Message 9 of 9 (761 Views)