Re: [MAC] you can't open the origin application because someone else is using it

by maddie7238

Original Post

Re: [MAC] you can't open the origin application because someone else is using it

★★★ Newbie
@ZiggyZazza origin showed up but not origin client. what do i do?
Message 31 of 41 (1,549 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@abatch13 you should close origin if you don't see "origin client". Everything else will be the same steps though. Hope that helps

Message 32 of 41 (1,525 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank you so much for sharing this information with us. I really appreciate it and it’s very helpful in the future. Thank you and take care 

Message 33 of 41 (1,480 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@ZiggyZazza Thanks for your post walking me through the solution - it worked and now I'm happy Standard smile
Message 34 of 41 (1,429 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie

I restarted my Mac and this fixed the issue. Logging out and logging back in didn’t seem to do it but resetting it did. I had already deleted and re-installed Origin so that might have had something to do with it but I think restarting it fixed it for me.

Message 35 of 41 (1,360 Views)

★ Novice
@ZiggyZazza omg ty so much it worked i used to just reboot my mac but tyyy this always works Standard smile)
Message 36 of 41 (1,234 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@laraluh-2606  You're welcome. I'm happy you're all finding success!

Message 37 of 41 (1,144 Views)

★ Novice
@ZiggyZazza You just saved my * and it worked!!!! THANK YOUUUU
Message 38 of 41 (1,058 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@ZiggyZazza thank you, so, so much. i've been struggling with this same problem for a couple weeks now and it's been KILLING me!! this literally saved my sanity, thank you!!
Message 39 of 41 (928 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I was downloading the new pack cottage living with two minutes left all running smoothly but then my mac shut down on it's own and when i opened it back up it said that that i cannot use the application "origin" because someone else is using it , ask the other user to quit the application, and then try again. I have reset my password incase someone has gotten into my account and looked of finder but can't find anything Frown please could someone help me out here thanks.

Message 40 of 41 (810 Views)