Won’t load after selecting household

by whitney_tufte

Original Post

Won’t load after selecting household

★★ Novice

I just got the news update for the November one to fix the game crashes, and now whenever I try to play i my game won’t load after I push load game. I do have mods but went through them and tried to delete any that weren’t objects or cc because I know game play modes need to update after each game update. Please help!

Message 1 of 16 (2,731 Views)

Re: Won’t load after selecting household

★★★★★ Novice

I have this problem, too! My game gives me a message that says: the game failed to load. Error Code: 132:2f1962c8:1858d5bf. It is recommended that you relaunch the game.

No matter how many times I relaunch, it continues giving me that exact same message.

Message 2 of 16 (2,725 Views)

★★ Novice

My game also gets stuck on the load screen when I try to load a game. When I tried to start a new one it crashed when I went to move the family into a house. Frown

Message 3 of 16 (2,714 Views)

@HappyZappe

Do you have a lastCrash file in the Sims 4 folder from when it crashed? Could you please upload it to a post here if so. You will need to open in TextEdit and remove the XML from the first line.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 4 of 16 (2,703 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@HappyZappe This exact same thing is happening to my game!!
Message 5 of 16 (2,693 Views)

★ Novice
@whitney_tufte how do i load my family Frown
Message 6 of 16 (2,680 Views)

★ Novice

GUYS I SORTED IT. i went into origin and pressed the settings button next to 'play' on sims 4 and pressed 'repair' then 'update game' then opened sims and clicked on my household and the last save and it worked.

Message 7 of 16 (2,680 Views)

★ Novice

I’ve done this at least 15 times in the last 3 days and can’t get any family to load. I’ve been trying different tricks for the last two hours, no dice. Using Origin on a MacBook Air. 

Message 8 of 16 (2,676 Views)

@prettykittychimi 

Please can you provide more information about your Mac. Instructions on how to do so and what to provide here - http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting/m-p/4612...

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 9 of 16 (2,652 Views)

★ Novice

Hey I figured it out (5 hours later)! It was father winter who screwed my save over. I reloaded the game from a save before winterfest happened and everything is fine now. I removed him from the winterfest event. 

Message 10 of 16 (2,637 Views)