Re: Won't launch after installing new packs

by Bluebellflora

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Won't launch after installing new packs

★★ Novice

Hi! I just splurged and purchased 3 Build your Bundle deals for myself for christmas and I was so excited to get playing. 

The game won't launch at all. I've already tried most of the things suggested online like reinstalling Origin and changing the location of the Download Cache, running as Admin, nothing.

The only thing I haven't been able to try is repairing the game. I still have 2 packs that haven't downloaded and no queue is popping up when I select to download them (if that makes sense lol). The repair is stuck in 'Repair in queue' and wouldn't move for literally hours. Origin fails to respond when I try to close it to restart my computer and try again.

I really hope I haven't wasted hundreds of dollars on my new packs. I'm playing on a 2017 macbook air, which I know isn't the best for running this game, but it's never failed me before. SOS! Do I need a new laptop to run this?

Message 1 of 10 (456 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★ Novice
@apmcdesign Hey!! I got on to the EA live chat and they were AMAZING!! This fixed my issues, I hope it helps you! https://help.ea.com/en-in/help/origin/origin/how-to-reset-origin-on-mac/

View in thread

Message 9 of 10 (308 Views)

All Replies

★★ Novice
@sophie_pakes I should add that everything else on this laptop is running great!!! Just origin and sims not working
Message 2 of 10 (455 Views)

★★ Novice
@sophie_pakes Update - tried uninstalling the game and now Origin won't progress the download. It's stuck in preparing at 0% and won't move. Nothing I can find online is working Frown
Message 3 of 10 (424 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@sophie_pakes I think Is a bug of origin for Mac. I have a similar problem. The download is freezing on 80% I’m waiting per hours and not move. I have 3 days trying that EA hear me Frown that’s it’s not my computer
Message 4 of 10 (411 Views)

@sophie_pakes @apmcdesign 

Which packs are you trying to download?

Please can you provide more information about your Mac. Instructions on how to do so and what to provide here - http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting/m-p/4612...

Have you tried the Origin reset tool?

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 5 of 10 (375 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@Bluebellflora Hi! At first it was with Batuu, after I completely uninstall Origin, I Couldn't notinstall any expansion or pack, nothing. I have 4 days trying almost all day and now I only need to install Toddler Stuff
Message 6 of 10 (354 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi! Thanks so much for getting back to me on this :D

I'm trying to install 3 Build your Bundle deals.

Pack 1 -

Nitty Knitting Stuff Pack

Spa Day

Eco Lifestyle

Pack 2 -

Movie Hangout Stuff Pack

Dine Out

Get Together

Pack 3 - 

My First Pet Stuff Pack

Outdoor Retreat

Snowy Escape

I already have a decent amount of expansions and packs (almost every single one excluding these) running on my game and it had no issues with it. It was after these downloaded that the issues began.

Since I made this post, I tried uninstalling my Sims game altogether (I backed it up though!) and now the re-install of the game is stuck on verifying game files at 0% and the estimated time thing doesn't move from 00h 00m 00s. It's more than happy to delete things but doesn't want to redownload anything.

Thanks so much for the link to that debugger, unfortunately, it didn't make a difference Frown

I'm going to try and get in touch with EA on the asap, so I'll let you know how that goes! If there are any other things I can try please let me know <3 Pic attached of my laptops specs :D

Message 7 of 10 (321 Views)

★★ Novice
@sophie_pakes The pic I attached wasn't working for me lol, im on macOS Sierra version 10.12.6. Macbook Air 13inch early 2015 (I've had this laptop a lot longer than I thought haha!). Processor - 1.6 GHz Intel Core i5. Memory - 8GB 1600 MHz DDR3. Startup Disk - Macintosh HD. Graphics - Intel HD Graphics 6000 1536. Don't think you'll need the serial number :D
Message 8 of 10 (320 Views)

★★ Novice
@apmcdesign Hey!! I got on to the EA live chat and they were AMAZING!! This fixed my issues, I hope it helps you! https://help.ea.com/en-in/help/origin/origin/how-to-reset-origin-on-mac/
Message 9 of 10 (309 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@sophie_pakes Thank you so much!!! my game work too
Message 10 of 10 (280 Views)