Will Sims 4 Work on Macbook Air

by Rachieoxox1

Original Post

Will Sims 4 Work on Macbook Air

★★ Novice

have a macbook air 2015 model, with 1.6 GHz intel core i5 and graphics intel HD graphics 6000.  

If I put the sims 4 gaming settings to low and on laptop mode will it still work okay? I hear some people have tried on the air and haven't had problems except for the computers heating up. I was wondering if I elevate the laptop that maybe it will stop it from overheating and maybe allow the game  to run okay. I also have another question, has anyone here played it on their macbook air and if so was it okay? And did it ruin your computer in the long run?

Thanks

Message 1 of 2 (264 Views)

Re: Will Sims 4 Work on Macbook Air

★ Guide
@Rachieoxox1 I've been playing on a MacBook Air for nearly two years now, but I'm not sure how much help I can be since I use the 2018 model.
I've never had any issues playing on medium/high graphics, in fact it actually runs much better than I expected, and my computer is still doing well two years later! I've also found that keeping your computer elevated is a big help, but something else you can do that can make it even better is investing in a cooling pad to sit your computer on while you play. I think you should be fine!
Message 2 of 2 (221 Views)