Re: Will Sims 4 Run on my Macbook Air

by GalaxyGirlSimmer

Original Post

@CarmenLangford

The trial version of the game and Origin Access are only for Windows. If you want to play the game you will have to buy it through Origin. If you don't like it you are eligible for a refund under the Origin Great Game Guarantee.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 11 of 23 (6,130 Views)

★★★ Newbie

if anyone is wondering how itll run on a MacBook Air which has

processor: 1.8 GHz Intel Core i5

memory: 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

graphics: Intel HD Graphics 6000 1536 MB

my game + visual settings are at low for everything apart from one which is at medium which I'm 100% okay with still looks great and plays perfectly with zero lag or stutter. the cpu usage is at 20% and the energy usage is over 100 which im not sure if that's a bad thing. the application is listed under using signifiant energy and it is quite a battery drainer. the Mac starts gradually heating a bit and the fan starts whirring after 10 minutes so id play on a cool surface if you can but other than that ive had no issues and actually runs better than iMovie which lags a lot and turns on my fan

hope this helps anyone who was wondering like I was before I got sims. its a little unfair how were charged thousands for a computer that can 1) barely run its own software and 2) run casual games without heating up and the fan whirring while draining the battery but eh thats apple :/

ive heard sims 3 is the only sims that has actual issues running on the MacBook. I tried using sims 2 but the screen was so glitchy. sims 4 is your best bet.

Message 12 of 23 (5,478 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi, 
how many expansions do you have, I want to buy a new macbook air, but I really want to run my sims 4.

Message 13 of 23 (4,791 Views)

★ Guide
@sandralanfranco I have the 2018 MacBook Air model and use all but five packs. It runs really nicely, even on higher graphics.
Message 14 of 23 (4,790 Views)

@AriaMad2

Which packs do you not have installed?

AHQSigImage.png
Message 15 of 23 (4,777 Views)

★ Guide
@Bluebellflora I currently don't have My First Pet, Laundry Day Stuff, Jungle Adventure, Vampires and Realm of Magic.
Message 16 of 23 (4,675 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I run it on a 2015 Macbook Air. On high or even medium settings, the screen goes crazy and flickers. But if you change the settings to "Medium Low", it should be fine.

Message 17 of 23 (4,407 Views)

★★★ Novice

Based on my own experience, it should have no problem running the game. I have a 2019 MacBook Air and it still runs with no problem. So it should run on yours as well bc it runs on mine. Standard smile

Message 18 of 23 (4,260 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Okay, so I'm about to get sims 4 on my MacBook Air (2019 edition) and wondering if the Sims 4 works on there?

Message 19 of 23 (4,148 Views)

@kkitkat2

It will work. How well depends on how much content you add, what else you are running, how you use your Mac generally. MacBook Airs have extremely low powered hardware, none of which is designed for gaming.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 20 of 23 (4,141 Views)