Re: Will I Be Able to Play Sims 4 on New MacBooks?

by Strangerr-Sims

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Will I Be Able to Play Sims 4 on New MacBooks?

★★★★★ Newbie

I'm looking at getting a MacBook to replace the Dell I currently use, and I'm concerned whether or not I'll be able to play my Sims 4 games and expansions on it. If I purchased the game and packs through Origin on my Dell laptop, did I buy strictly PC versions of the game and packs or will it download on a MacBook if I download Origin for Mac? Additionally, do the MacBook Airs or MacBook Pros, both with M1 Chips, work smoothly for Origin and The Sims? Thank you.

Message 1 of 3 (389 Views)

Accepted Solution

@Strangerr-Sims

You won't have to purchase the game again. Just download and login to Origin using the account you purchased the game and DLC through and the Mac versions will be available to you.

The M1 Macs are really amazing. The main difference between the Air and Pro is the Pro having a single fan to help with cooling. I have the game installed on Intel Macs and a M1 MacBook Air and it plays great on all of them Standard smile

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (353 Views)

All Replies

@Strangerr-Sims

You won't have to purchase the game again. Just download and login to Origin using the account you purchased the game and DLC through and the Mac versions will be available to you.

The M1 Macs are really amazing. The main difference between the Air and Pro is the Pro having a single fan to help with cooling. I have the game installed on Intel Macs and a M1 MacBook Air and it plays great on all of them Standard smile

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 2 of 3 (354 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Thank you so much! I appreciate your help 

Message 3 of 3 (317 Views)