Why won't the sims 4 gallery connect to the internet?

by jet16123

Original Post

Highlighted

Why won't the sims 4 gallery connect to the internet?

★★★★ Novice

There is nothing wrong with my connection. When I open Origin, the internet works fine. However when I am in the game and try to connect to the internet through the gallery it does not work. There is just an endless plumbob loop on the attempting to connect screen. is there anyway to fix this?

Message 1 of 11 (6,361 Views)

Re: Why won't the sims 4 gallery connect to the internet?

★ Novice

i am currently online with ea support. ill let you know if they manage to resolve this issue

Message 2 of 11 (6,300 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@duffield2000 Thank you! It is now just saying it is unable to go online. Glad I am not the only one!
Message 3 of 11 (6,293 Views)

★ Novice

Now working 

Please perform the below steps :

Please go to the link and reset Origin for MAC : https://help.ea.com/en-in/help/origin/origin/how-to-reset-origin-on-mac/

Please disable gatekeeper :

Disabling Gatekeeper
From the Apple menu, open the "System Preferences" application.
Click on Security & Privacy > General tab.
If the lock in the left-hand corner is locked, click on it, then enter your Mac's username and password. This may not be required.
Click "Anywhere" under "Allow applications downloaded from:".
If you followed Step 3, please click the lock in the left-hand corner to return it to its locked state.
Close "System Preferences".

Please disable proxy settings :

Disabling proxy settings on macOS
Click the Apple icon then select the System Preference option.
Select Network.
From the left pane, select the network service you wish to disable the proxy settings on, then click the Advanced button.
Select the Proxies tab then uncheck all protocols under Select a protocol to configure then click OK once done. Done!

Once you have done this then please restart your internet connection as well.

Message 4 of 11 (6,269 Views)

★★ Guide

I have tried the above three steps but it did not work. My in-game Gallery still stuck at the spinning plumbob ‘connecting’ for forever.

Message 5 of 11 (6,220 Views)

★ Novice

Previously to tbese steps i had also tried deleting cache and completely uninstalled origin and the sims, tbat did not work.  However having followed above stes completely resolved my issue 

Message 6 of 11 (6,211 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi! I was just having this issue for about a week, and it made me super mad because I just wanted to add some new houses to my world. I googled it many, many times, but every site just said the same things and I tried them all but they didn't work. There wasn't anything wrong with my connection, I went to my firewall settings like everyone said to, I made sure I didn't have a child account on Origin, etc. 

I fixed it last night because I realized I was going to the wrong place in my Antivirus program. You're probably sick of hearing all the Antivirus replies to this question, because I know I was, but this might actually fix the problem. I came back here today because I wanted to post how I fixed it. I'll attach some screenshots of my Antivirus program and how I fixed it. The program I use is McAfee, so it'll probably look a bit different on your computer if you use something else. Here is a link to the screenshots I took of where I went and how I fixed it. I hope this works for you too!

Message 7 of 11 (6,146 Views)

★★ Guide

Thanks for figuring out another potential reason, @preston3240. Sadly, I do not have any antivirus program installed on my computer, so that could not have been the reason for me.

@duffield2000, are you suggesting that I should reinstall both Origin and The Sims 4?

Message 8 of 11 (6,114 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I got in touch with online support after I downloaded an extension pack and it wasn’t showing up when I was trying to play. We did all the steps required and it still was not connecting and the support let me know that some older Mac don’t allow the right updates therefore you can’t connect to the online forum from the game.

Message 9 of 11 (5,829 Views)

★★★ Newbie
But I’m still trying
Message 10 of 11 (5,827 Views)