Why does my Sims 3 launcher error.

by Dancer4me17

Original Post

Why does my Sims 3 launcher error.

★★★ Novice

Whenever I open my Sims 3 launcher, and open the "Installed Content" tab I get a pop-up error saying "Exception Raised: Unhanded page fault on read access 0x00000014 at dress 0x1028608b. Do you wish to debug it?" Whether I press yes or no it shuts down my Sims 3 launcher. I don't know why this keeps occurring because it never happened in the past. It may be because of one of the mods I downloaded but I can't uninstalled mods. Please help.

Message 1 of 8 (475 Views)

Re: Why does my Sims 3 launcher error.

@Dancer4me17

That's a sign of problematic Mods/CC. Please move out your Mods folder from Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 3 and relaunch your game.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 2 of 8 (463 Views)

★★★ Novice

Having this same exact issue too but I do not see a Mods folder.

Message 3 of 8 (442 Views)

@mkm_897

Have you tried a clean game by moving out the whole Sims 3 folder from Documents > Electronic Arts and then trying to play? Have you also tried purging RAM frequently during gameplay? The stickied Sims 3 thread has other suggestions too - http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-3-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting/m-p/7496...

AHQSigImage.png
Message 4 of 8 (434 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Yes I've literally tried everything. After doing all of that and having zero custom content I can actually launch the game but just keeps crashing after about 10 minutes.

Message 5 of 8 (425 Views)

@mkm_897

The issue you're having is most probably related to your Mac's Intel graphics not being supported - http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/CURRENT-ISSUE-The-Sims-3-Issues-playing-on-newer-post-2013-Mac...

AHQSigImage.png
Message 6 of 8 (421 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Thanks for all the information. I looked at all of that to attempt the workaround and it worked fine for about 15 minutes up until I got that "exception raised" error in the middle of CAS and it quits no matter what option I select. I understand my Mac doesn't really support the game and I wish I knew that before I bought it--it's literally all advertised as working fine. This whole issue with graphics cards isn't common knowledge unless you dig deep--which doesn't happen until someone runs into a problem. Any word on when the error will be fixed? Seems like it's been going on for over a year and doesn't seem likely that it will be especially since EA is investing everything in Sims 4. 

Message 7 of 8 (411 Views)

@mkm_897

No Intel graphics in Macs shipped since 2013 are supported so it's been 3 years now.

I absolutely agree that something should be stated in Origin about it not being compatible with Intel Iris graphics..........

AHQSigImage.png
Message 8 of 8 (402 Views)