Re: Why does Supernatural not work on Catalina?

by Peace232000

Original Post

Re: 64-bit Sims 3 content not in Origin library

@ewright228  The only way to solve this issue is through EA support, unfortunately.  Have you specifically asked that the entitlements for the 64-bit versions of your base game and packs be added to your account?  Some support reps don't really understand what you need them to do if you ask in a different way.

If you try again with support and get nowhere, please let me know, and I'll ask if there's something else you should be doing.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 231 of 694 (1,347 Views)

Why does Supernatural not work on Catalina?

★★★★ Novice

I'm trying to download but it's not letting me download.

Message 232 of 694 (1,088 Views)

@Peace232000  Supernatural does work in Catalina.  But are you trying to download the 64-bit version or the 32-bit one?  You specifically need to download through the 64-bit version of the game.

If that's what you're doing, what happens when you click the Download button?  If you get an error, please post a screenshot.

Message 233 of 694 (1,065 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict There's no download button
Message 234 of 694 (1,051 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

no download button @puzzlezaddict 

Screenshot 2020-12-24 at 13.12.47.png

Message 235 of 694 (1,050 Views)

@Peace232000  It looks like you don't have the 64-bit version of Supernatural.  You'll need to contact EA customer support to request that the "entitlement," as it's called, be added specifically for the 64-bit version.

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

This is simple for a support rep to do, and they've been doing it for a while now, so if you get resistance, feel free to ask for a manager.

By the way, I wasn't ignoring you.  I went to bed and then had to finish the food shopping this morning.

Message 236 of 694 (1,022 Views)

Expansion packs won't install (Sims 3 64-bit)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I don't know if this is the same issue but I just got Showtime and the expansion bundle (world adventures and generations) but after I redeemed the codes an when I pressed download with origin nothing happened, I reset origin and deleted my cache files but that didn't work. I only have University, high end loft stuff, and late night downloaded because that's what I had before 64-bit.

edited title after splitting thread.  -puzzlezaddict

Message 237 of 694 (1,124 Views)

Re: Problems installing Sims3Packs (TS3 64-bit)

@malanbtlr  This isn't the same issue as the one in the thread, but your particular issue does happen from time to time.  A month ago, more or less, one cause was enabling the technical preview in Origin, so if you're running it, try disabling it instead.  Hover over your username, select Application Settings, and under Application (the first header), scroll down to Client update and disable the option to "participate in technical previews."  You'll need to quit Origin and reopen it for the change to take effect.

If that doesn't help, try enabling automatic game updates.  The setting is also under Client update; enable it, quit, restart Origin, and see whether the packs start downloading.  If the setting is already enabled, disable it, reset Origin again, choose not to enable auto game and Origin updates when asked, then enable it, quit, and reopen it.

Message 238 of 694 (1,116 Views)

Re: Problems installing Sims3Packs (TS3 64-bit)

★ Apprentice
@puzzlezaddict It only redownloaded some of my other games not any of the new packs.
Message 239 of 694 (1,113 Views)

my sims 3 expansion download

★★★ Newbie

Hi I just bought a code for the sims 3 Island paradise for my Mac. It shows being unlocked just as all the other packs but it won't download or give me any way to download it. If you look at any of the other packs it has an option to download it and an option to purchase as a gift. I can only purchase it as a gift. I've tried to uninstall the game and delete de dowloadcatch files but nothing seems to work. What should I do. (I'm running big sur on a MacBook Air 2019)

kind regards Bert

Message 240 of 694 (996 Views)