Re: White flashings

by imhotep168

Original Post

White flashings

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? Français
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.66.139.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? cats&dogs/city living/get together/discover unviversity/get to work/get famous/island living/seasons/dine out/outdoor retreat/spa day/realm of magic/vampires/parenthood/strangerville/jungle adventure/tiny living/spooky/vintage glamour/perfect patio/kids room/movie hangout/cool kitchen/backyard/fitness/romantic garden/bowling night/moschino/luxury party/my first pet
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? In game, just playing.
What happens when the bug occurs? there are often white flashings and sometimes, everything becomes invisible.
What do you expect to see? i expect to see no white flashings anymore.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I think it's been happening since the eco patch.

It happens to many people and this is not about our graphic card or something else because, it happens only for The Sims 4 and my computer is very good.

Message 1 of 14 (962 Views)

@TheDreamyWriter 

Please can you provide more information about your Mac. Instructions on how to do so and what to provide here - http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting/m-p/4612...

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 2 of 14 (950 Views)

★★★ Novice

Here the information you need.

Message 3 of 14 (948 Views)

@TheDreamyWriter

If you move the Sims 4 folder to the desktop and launch a brand new clean game does it still happen? Don't move over any of your saves or other content, test with a new folder.

Does it happen in windowed mode and fullscreen?

AHQSigImage.png
Message 4 of 14 (946 Views)

★★★ Novice

I always play in fullscreen so i don't know if it happens in windowed mode, i will try that and a new clean game.

Message 5 of 14 (942 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hello, the problem comes from fullscreen, how can we fix this ?

Message 6 of 14 (893 Views)

@TheDreamyWriter

Interesting, thanks for confirming. You could try changing the resolution in the game options. Or just play in windowed mode.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 7 of 14 (855 Views)

★★★ Novice

But it proves that the problem comes from the game, it can be fixed if someone decides to take an interest in it. I shouldn't have to adapt to be able to play.

Message 8 of 14 (831 Views)

★ Guide

I play in the windowsed mode and experience the same issue from time to time. I frustrated the issue for a long while, but I found closing the firefox browser (which is a serious resource sucker) could solve the issue most of the time. I think the issue come from the system which slows down the game and makes us see the white screen. Anyway, that's my experience, not necessary to be the sure answer.

Message 9 of 14 (813 Views)

@imhotep168

Great advice Standard smile It's always a good idea to close all other apps when playing the game because the game needs system resources to run effectively, especially on lower spec. and older machines.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 10 of 14 (798 Views)