When I play

by SongfulStar449

Original Post

Accepted Solution

When I play

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I currently have a MacBook Pro with a 2.9 GHz Intel Core I9 and 32GB 2400 MHz DDR4, along with a Radeon Pro 560X 4 GB Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB.

Every time I play the Sims4, the game plays great, but my CPU is working over 100%. I reduced the setting to low for every aspect of the game and still it causes the CPU to work much harder than is should.  The fans also turn on within minutes of starting the game.  Is this to be expected?  Is there a patch for this issue?

Thanks

Message 1 of 2 (290 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: When I play

@SongfulStar449

Yes, it's absolutely fine, the fans are cooling it down. Just make sure you play on a hard surface, preferably elevating it slightly so air can circulate well underneath it. You could also get a USB type cooling pad to place your Mac on. MacOS will throttle power when needed so it doesn't overheat.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (263 Views)

All Replies

Re: When I play

@SongfulStar449

Yes, it's absolutely fine, the fans are cooling it down. Just make sure you play on a hard surface, preferably elevating it slightly so air can circulate well underneath it. You could also get a USB type cooling pad to place your Mac on. MacOS will throttle power when needed so it doesn't overheat.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 2 of 2 (264 Views)