[FIXED] Problems playing Sims 4 on the 16" MacBook Pro

by Bluebellflora

Original Post

Re: Laptop mode - yes or no

@kace12345

I'll change it to toggling laptop mode on/off. Would love to know why these results are so random and inconsistent....

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 161 of 614 (682 Views)

Re: Laptop mode - yes or no

★★★ Novice

Just found out that laptop mode was actually my issue. I played the game for a few minutes at first just to make sure then the second time I was playing for a full 2 hours with absolutely no issues. 
I wish I didn’t even turn it on in the first place, so much stress for no reason! 
(Still on windowed mode as well) 

Message 162 of 614 (671 Views)

Game crashes even after reset

★★★ Novice

My games crashes every time I play, and if the house has more than 1 floor, the floor in between is invisible. I already reset the game with a backup file and even with the clean brand new game, it crashed after a couple of minutes.

Usually every time I click to change how I view the walls, it crashes. I first tried deleting everything, created a new game and it was perfect on the first day, I turned it off and the next day when I tried to play again, the same issues were back. Glitching screen and invisible floor, and as soon as I click to change the walls, it crashes. Now this time I did the backup and reset the game, with a brand new one, I created a new family and put it on an empty lot, the second I tried to put one of the houses from the gallery, it crashed again while loading.

I play on a new Macbook Pro, IOS updated, so the problem is not system requirements.

I don't know what else to do, I can't keep deleting everything every time, and just never close the game or never turn off my computer in hopes that this never happens.

Message 163 of 614 (692 Views)

Re: Game crashes even after reset

@anapgontijo 

Please can you provide more information about your Mac. Instructions on how to do so and what to provide here - http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting/m-p/4612...

AHQSigImage.png
Message 164 of 614 (686 Views)

★★★ Novice
@Bluebellflora
MacOS Catalina
Version 10.15.4
Macbook Pro (16inch-2019)
Processor 2.6 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7
Memory 16 GB 2667 MHz DDR4
Graphics Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB

AMD Radeon Pro 5300M
Intel UHD Graphics 630
Message 165 of 614 (680 Views)

[ Edited ]

@anapgontijo

Thanks. Have a look at this thread on the new 16" MBPs and how the game performs on them. There are various tips in the opening post which may mitigate some of the issues you're experiencing https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/NEED-INFO-Problems-playing-Sims-4-on-the-16-quot-MacB...

AHQSigImage.png
Message 166 of 614 (671 Views)

★★★ Novice
@Bluebellflora Will try all of that! Thank you very much
Message 167 of 614 (655 Views)

★★★ Novice
@Bluebellflora I did most of those things, but the flooring is still invisible. Hopefully it won't crash again, everything is working so far except for that.
Message 168 of 614 (632 Views)

@anapgontijo

Thanks for confirming Standard smile I'm going to merge this thread into the linked one to keep all relevant issues with the 16" MBPs in one place. If you have any other issues related to this feel free to post in the thread.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 169 of 614 (615 Views)

★★★ Novice
@Bluebellflora Unfortunately it's all back Frown I already did everything on the post, even reseting the NVRAM, which was the one thing I didn't do yesterday. The game still glitches on the screen, the flooring is invisible and now it crashes while loading a household. Every time it crashes I click on repair on Origin before I open it again. Please, what else can I do?
Message 170 of 614 (568 Views)